Effects of canceled I-130 on a J-1 Visa

salehiam

Hi,

As the deadline of H1B applications passed, my employer wants to file J-1 visa for me. I had an I-130 application (family based) as my father was naturalized US citizen. My dad died a few years ago and the I-130 application (which was current) got automatically revoked (as far as I understood from the rules). I haven't filed for the J-1 Visa and I have a few questions in the regard.
1) Should I mention about the previous i-130 application.
2) As J-1 is a non-immigrant visa, and I had an I-130 petition (immigration intention), do I risk getting rejected.
3) Any other comments on this regard is more than welcomed.

Cheers,

Hi,

As the deadline of H1B applications passed, my employer wants to file J-1 visa for me. I had an I-130 application (family based) as my father was naturalized US citizen. My dad died a few years ago and the I-130 application (which was current) got automatically revoked (as far as I understood from the rules). I haven't filed for the J-1 Visa and I have a few questions in the regard.
1) Should I mention about the previous i-130 application.
2) As J-1 is a non-immigrant visa, and I had an I-130 petition (immigration intention), do I risk getting rejected.
3) Any other comments on this regard is more than welcomed.

Cheers,

1- Yes you should mention that if required in the application. Do not volunter to give this information if not required and do not lie if it is required.
2- Yes, you have hidh possibility of denial being showed your intet to immigrate.