Effect of job loss on parents visit visa interview

masterU

I have green card and I am laid off from my job today. I have about $70000 of savings in bank. After two months, my parents have interview in India for their visit visa.

Will there be any effect on the result of their interview if I do not get a new job before their interview?

Tell your parents just not to mention about your job, unless consulate ask.

Offcourse, If you dont have job, there are Less chances of parents getting visa.

I mean that also does not mean that they cannot get visa but, depends on luck.

Either you get a job before interview, or Good Luck. :D

The main issue here is your ability to maintain your parents while they are with you, I think with or without a job,, you do stand a good chance as long as you are able to show a recent bank statement showing adequate funds, $70,000 in my opinion is more than adequate, in addition to them also proving that they have sufficient ties to their home country.
The consular officials do not always ask for recent pay stubs, infact both times my mum applied for a US visa to visit me, all I sent to her was a recent bank statement, covering at least the last 3 months, I never sent pay stubs.

You said you last day at your job is Aug 25th 2006, so your are going to get your paystub for Aug 2006. So send that one and last month stub along with your previous W2's and latest bank statement and think positive. For my parents in their first interview they asked about a 4 yrs old job change I did and rejected their visa and in their second interview they didn't ask anything about my Job or location etc and just asked about my family and my Dad's business. So think positive and send the Aug 2006 salary stub and bank statement and that will do. Also as the interview dates are not available for
6 months, in the last two times I send the Docs I sent them 1 or 2 month old dated stubs and I was keep on searching for preponing their date.

Best of luck to your parents for their Visa.

masterU said:
I have green card and I am laid off from my job today. I have about $70000 of savings in bank. After two months, my parents have interview in India for their visit visa.

Will there be any effect on the result of their interview if I do not get a new job before their interview?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Hay94541,

Do they ask parents about our jobs and companies? My parents dont even know where I have lived in USA during the past five years. And, they do not know any of the companies where I worked. It appears I need to educate them with all this information. I was thinking they will not ask my parents about my job here, because I am sending all my tax forms for the past five years.

One thing we can say about US Consulate is that we can't expect what they will ask you. From the discussion I had with my parents when their Visa got rejected is that before them nearly 6 or 7 parents Visa's got rejected and so we thought that the consular officer is in mood to reject and he needs some damn reason to show for rejection and he asked about the company change I did some 3 r 4 years ago and not recently. Next time I told my parents about the companies I worked for a bit and told them to say the reason for changing a company is better oppurtunity. And advice your parents to be confident and answer what ever the consular officer asks in a confident way.

Best of luck for your parents interview....

masterU said:
Hi Hay94541,

Do they ask parents about our jobs and companies? My parents dont even know where I have lived in USA during the past five years. And, they do not know any of the companies where I worked. It appears I need to educate them with all this information. I was thinking they will not ask my parents about my job here, because I am sending all my tax forms for the past five years.