effect of divorce during I-485 for derivative of Asylum applicant

llh

One of my friend who is a derivative of an asylum applicant, and in the process of I-485. She is expecting to get her I-485 approved very soon (1-2 months if everthing goes well. Of course, this does not happen very often). She is in very bad relation with her husband. Her husband is the pricipal applicant of Asylum.

The question is if she gets divorced from her husband, will her I-485 be invalid or revocked?

Any help is appreciated

If she is still not officially divorced and has already filed G-325 and I-693 together with the husband, there should be no complications. If she is before this point and still needs to send these documents, she still will be able to adjust her status throught the procedure called Nunc Pro Tunc, which may take quite a bit longer, though. All depends on the stage of her I-485 processing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning is correct. I would to add that it is not good idea to divorce while in the process of adjustment. If it becames necessary, seperation is better than full divorce.

Morning said:
If she is still not officially divorced and has already filed G-325 and I-693 together with the husband, there should be no complications. If she is before this point and still needs to send these documents, she still will be able to adjust her status throught the procedure called Nunc Pro Tunc, which may take quite a bit longer, though. All depends on the stage of her I-485 processing.

These guys are unbelievably know everything about assylum and all its craps. Are you guys kind lawyers who pretend to be victims like us? :)

WongGendeng
These guys are unbelievably know everything about assylum and all its craps.
faysal and I have been dragged through this crap and have some knowledge of the subject. :(

Last edited by a moderator: