Effect of Canadian work permit on citizenship applicaiton

harru

Registered Users (C)
Hello friends,
I am a US GC holder since May'2005 and intend to file for my US citizenship in June'2010. I work for a US employer and there is a possibility that I need to work for one of clients in Canada. My company has a office in canada also.

They are sugesting to get a canadian work permit.How does this effect my my current GC status or my future citizenship application.

Does anyone else faced the same situation before?
Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,
harru

Shouldn't for as long as you maintain residency.

I had a work visa for Mexico and didn't even mention it (there isn't a requirement) although I listed all the travels and that was good enough.

Shouldn't for as long as you maintain residency.

I had a work visa for Mexico and didn't even mention it (there isn't a requirement) although I listed all the travels and that was good enough.

Ok. But I think it will add more days/months to your 'physical stay requirements' for citizenship. Example if you stayed outside of US for 160 days in a year you have to wait extra 160 days before you can start your citizenship application.

That's why I said you need to maintain your residency requirements and getting forth and back from Canada isn't really that complicated.

But I think it will add more days/months to your 'physical stay requirements' for citizenship. Example if you stayed outside of US for 160 days in a year you have to wait extra 160 days before you can start your citizenship application.

That's not correct, provide you meet the minimum physical presence requirements.