Educational Assessment..please help

rock1

Registered Users (C)
hi,

I have an rfe on my 140 for Education assessment..My labour requires a bachelor's degree and the major field of study is IT or related field. If i can show i have a Master's in IT (US equivalent) will it suffice or is it necessary to prove my bachelor's is IT related..My bachelor's is in engineering(electronics) and Mater's is in IT..please advice..I havent heard from my lawyer still and am waiting their response to this..

thanks

You should get a Edn Eval to show that your degrees (Bachelor's and Master's) matches the requirement on the LC. Also note that Electronics is a closely related field to Computers and I think you should be fine with a evaluation report.

thanks gcforall2003.. i got the evalution done and the report states that my MAster's is equivalent to a US master's in IT.. now my question is if this will be accepted in place of bachelor's in IT...thanks

rock1 said:
thanks gcforall2003.. i got the evalution done and the report states that my MAster's is equivalent to a US master's in IT.. now my question is if this will be accepted in place of bachelor's in IT...thanks
Does your labor require a Master's Degree?
Also did you get evaluation done only for your Masters or for your Bachelors also. usually if you go to Trustforte, they will write on the first page what are the actual degrees and also what they have evaluated each of them to.

My Labour requires a Bachelors degree.. I submitted both my bachelors and masters for the evalution and they have listed both...
Just heard from my attorney and according to them , Labour requires a bachelors and i have a master's in same field so there should be no issue..

if so dunno why i got the query in the first place??
is there anything else to it...thx

rock1 said:
My Labour requires a Bachelors degree.. I submitted both my bachelors and masters for the evalution and they have listed both...
Just heard from my attorney and according to them , Labour requires a bachelors and i have a master's in same field so there should be no issue..

if so dunno why i got the query in the first place??
is there anything else to it...thx

Rock1:

what was the RFE about - education ? If so what did ur attorney do about it ?

Please post details.

- msd_gc.

msd_gc, Like i mentioned rfe was about education. My attorney asked for a evaluation of my degrees and submtted the evaluation stating that my Master's is equivalient to a US master's in IT . However the requirement in labour is a Bachelor's degree in IT or related field.
I got the confirmation email from INS today that they have received the response and processing is continuing...

rock1 said:
msd_gc, Like i mentioned rfe was about education. My attorney asked for a evaluation of my degrees and submtted the evaluation stating that my Master's is equivalient to a US master's in IT . However the requirement in labour is a Bachelor's degree in IT or related field.
I got the confirmation email from INS today that they have received the response and processing is continuing...
I think that you should be OK. Even though in my opinion your attorney should have stated that you have a Bachelors in a filed that is equivalent to Computer Science and a Masters in a field that is Computer Science. Anyway, I think you will get approved soon. Best of Luck.

thanks dazzling.. i also felt the same way..but my attorney felt they were doing it the right way...so hoping for the best now..

rock1 said:
thanks dazzling.. i also felt the same way..but my attorney felt they were doing it the right way...so hoping for the best now..
In the worst case scenario, if you get a denial you will know additional reasons if that happens and you can then respond to them,. In my case, I got a straight denial and we got only one chance to reply to their queries and only 30 days to correct our mistake (actually on 23 days because I received the denial notice after 8 days and then we had to send it atleast 2 days before the deadline). Damn William Yates and his stupid memo ...

dazzling said:
In the worst case scenario, if you get a denial you will know additional reasons if that happens and you can then respond to them,. In my case, I got a straight denial and we got only one chance to reply to their queries and only 30 days to correct our mistake (actually on 23 days because I received the denial notice after 8 days and then we had to send it atleast 2 days before the deadline). Damn William Yates and his stupid memo ...

What is this William Yates Memo ? ... I have recently joined the 140 forums so not aware on the past issues you guys know.