• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Education Helps for a PR !!!

xPektator

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,
I entered US as a PR before 5 months. I was wondering if I would be able to get any kind of help from the government or colleges to continue my further education. I am 20 and I need to study on my Bachelors Degree.

All I know and heard is that we have to stay at least a year on one state to be In-state to get the local fees. Is this correct?

I want to start stuyding right now without losing any time and I aint got no money right now. So is there anyway that would help me persuave my dream?

Your replies are warmly welcomed.

Thanks..!!!!

Hi Pektator,

I don't know much about the US schooling policy however, aren't you supposed to have a certain amount of money before being allowed into the states to cover these sorts of things?
Otherwise they can deem you a burden to tax payers or something along those lines?

But at any rate, i think most schools hand out some sort of scholarship for students who earn under a set wage bracket and or have great grades?
I would have thought being a PR meant that you were now legally entitled to all the things the other Americans were entitled to? eg-finance options for students right away?

Best of luck!

Hello Everybody,
I entered US as a PR before 5 months. I was wondering if I would be able to get any kind of help from the government or colleges to continue my further education. I am 20 and I need to study on my Bachelors Degree.

All I know and heard is that we have to stay at least a year on one state to be In-state to get the local fees. Is this correct?

I want to start stuyding right now without losing any time and I aint got no money right now. So is there anyway that would help me persuave my dream?

Your replies are warmly welcomed.

Thanks..!!!!

Go talk to your school's Registrar's office if they'll allow you to pay In-state tuition, rules on this are different from each school. OR apply for Financial Aid, you may be too late for this semester but I guess you can apply to start in the summer or Fall.

Good luck!