• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Education document question. Please advice

Combgun

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone,

I need your advice. Here is what happened: When I sent my DS230 forms to the KCC back in May 2013, on the education question, I listed my Bachelor degree and my High school.

In reality I went to school X from 1 grade to 8th grade and then transferred to a college which also gives high school diploma. So I attended that college for my 9th and 10th grade and graduated with my high school diploma.

So in my DS230 form I only entered that college where I received my high school diploma. In other words I did not include my school X which I attended from1st grade till 8th grade. The reason I did not include school X is because I thought I did not have any record of that transfer. Which happened almost 18 years ago.

But recently I have received an email from the Embassy where I will be interviewed. On the email they've sent a check list of documents to bring to the interview. One of the check list item is to bring high school graduation picture or like a year book type of picture. So I went to my parents place to searched for my graduation picture and surprisingly I found my high school graduation picture along with a Basic education certificate from 1st grade to 8th grade and also a graduation picture for my 8th grade.

So my question is this: Since I found my 8th grade graduation picture and basic education certificate, should I update these information in my DS230 form and take it to the interview which is at end of this month?
and if they ask me why I did not include this information in the first place, how should I explain this mistake? Is this a mistake that could harm my chances of getting a visa?

Thank you all for your advice and sorry for the long explanation.

I highly advice you to update it!
Dont ever lie to the embassy they do back grounds check my friend!
Send an update an explain to them whay didnt you include x schoo first time...
Good luck

I'm confused as to why they want a high school photo. What embassy is this? Is it to check that you are the same person named on the school certificate? I think it's easily explained why you only listed the school you actually got your high school diploma from - as it really seems the only one relevant to the application - I and I'm sure many other people filled in our forms the same way.

Thank you for your advise. I will update my information as you've suggested, since I have the supporting documents to prove it. My only worry is if this mistake will deny my visa. That's what I am worried about.

Thank you for your advise. I will update my information as you've suggested, since I have the supporting documents to prove it. My only worry is if this mistake will deny my visa. That's what I am worried about.

No it won't, it's not material - I don't even think you need it on the forms to be honest as many people don't bother writing their primary/elementary schools on the forms. We didn't, and had no problem at all. The important thing is that you found your high school graduation photo, which is what they want. Although I'm still curious as to why.