• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Education and work requirements both filled on DS 230

touyats

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I'm a selectee for the DV2012 lottery (see also my previous message).

When filing form DS 230 to KCC, I filled BOTH the education declaration field (with all the school I attended, from primary to my university - I have a master's degree) AND the work experience one.

Perhaps for being in a hurry to file the form, I forgot that having a high school diploma is enough for the DV program. Can this in some way impact the continuation of my case?

Also: it now appears it might be hard for me to obtain at least one of the "work experience documentation" letters. Can I show only some of them at the consulate? (again, I do already pass the education requirements).

Finally, what is acceptable for "work experience documentation"? Letters from my previous and current employers certifing that I actually worked for them? What exactly should they contain

Thanks to everyone willing to help me.

Gabriele

Hello,

When filing form DS 230 to KCC, I filled BOTH the education declaration field (with all the school I attended, from primary to my university - I have a master's degree) AND the work experience one.

Perhaps for being in a hurry to file the form, I forgot that having a high school diploma is enough for the DV program. Can this in some way impact the continuation of my case?

Gabriele

You did the right thing, as you have to provide all your education. High school education is enough, but university degree is better :).

As far as your work experience goes, I think that providing a letter from your employer stating how long you have worked there and in what position(s) should be sufficient enough. Your education alone is enough to qualify you for DV.

Hi peeps,

I need your advice. The middle name i used is not in my birth certificate. it was adopted at baptism and it is used in all my documents, school cert, degree, mba, employment letters and marriage cert. what do i do?

Thank Firi for answering.

Do you know if, now that I specified on DS 230 all of my three work experiences, I need to provide the documentation for all of them ? As I said, it looks like one of the work experience letters will be hard to get. So I'm tempted to show only two of them at the interview.

Oh, by the way, I'm a 2012-EU-21xxx too :)

Gabriele

Thank Firi for answering.

Do you know if, now that I specified on DS 230 all of my three work experiences, I need to provide the documentation for all of them ? As I said, it looks like one of the work experience letters will be hard to get. So I'm tempted to show only two of them at the interview.

Oh, by the way, I'm a 2012-EU-21xxx too :)

Gabriele

The proof of work at two jobs should be sufficient enough as you are qualifying through your education and not work experience. You can just mention to CO why you could not obtain proof from your third job. I, personally, had also included two jobs, and I will be providing proof from my current one only.

Seems like we are going for interview in the same month :)