Education Abroad and I-140s ---Memo from INS?

i have 3 years and 2 months before filing my labour, and the ad showed to be 1-3 years for the post since it was RIR

avi_WaitGC

Lets keep our fingers crossed and leave our destiny to INS.

I have seen a lot of my friends getting approved with the same qualification. But you never know with INS.

They should make it a point that whenever they change rules, the rule doesn't adversly effect applications that have already been filed. This is my opinion.

i totally agree with you. I am just trying to say that USCIS in the past, approved the same cases.

3 yrs B.SC + 3 yrs. MCA + 5 years experience.

Things have changed now.

RFE answered,lets see what is going happen

My attorney got a memo (from AILA or other attorney, not from Muthy's , this memo is different) which says combination of degree are allowed or some thing. Also she said she is going refer previous cases approved with the same qualifications.
She is going to mail tomarrow. Hopefully my 140 will be approved.
Lets see...

The labor should state that combination degree is allowed, in that case there should not be problems, but that's my take on it.

Regarding Education Abroad :

If you file in EB2 then they are looking for Single Degree ...

If it is EB3 then they agree for combination or Equivalent.

If you observe I-140 Application ......Part 2. Petition type.

d.) A member of the professions holding an advanced degree or an alien of exceptional ability(Who is NOT seeking a National Interest Waiver). which is EB2.

e) A professional(at a minimum, possessing a bachelor's degree or a foreign degree equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree) or a skilled worker(requiring at least two years of specialized training or experience). which is EB3.

So it is clearly showing in the I-140 Application, and self explanatory. So if you filed in EB3 and has combination or 3 year+Diplomas+Experience you will be fine. Where as EB2 is clearly asking for Advanced degree....

Correct me if I am wrong.

I-140 Application

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/i-140.pdf

SREE

Last edited by a moderator:
i have b.com (3 years)+(1 yr diploma)+mba (2 years)
is the above qualification is good for eb2
i am on hib for 4 years as system analyst

thanks

karim66 said:
i have b.com (3 years)+(1 yr diploma)+mba (2 years)
is the above qualification is good for eb2
i am on hib for 4 years as system analyst

thanks

If you read through the first few posts, you can see people advising against EB2 if you have 3 year and combination degrees, you are better off filing EB3. Just my opinion.