• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Editing Pictures: Previous winners help

Samusoni

Registered Users (C)
Hi All

I would like to find out from previous winners if there is anyone who won after making superficial edits to their online entry photos.

I have a photo (from a friend) whose background does not look very white, in addition the cloth on the background looks wrinkled. Can I edit it (with photoshop, etc) so that the background is plain white?

Want to try DV11

No you can"t edit.

Take a new picture AFTER you know the requirements for DV-2011

It may be hard for me to get a new picture.

Now, a wrinkled white cloth in the background; would that be considered a "plain white" background?

BTW, Tazmania, how did you get approved for in-state tuition? My cousin was denied that in Virginia.

Instructions for DV 2011 was released just yesterday, not even up to 24hours you have started asking questions about picture adjustments.

I don't understand why people just intentionally create unnecessary and avoidable problems for themselves. You have simply identified problems that cannot be corrected in the picture still you are talking about editing. Stop that shit man!!

Simply log on to the DV website for the DV 2011 instructions - http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/DV-2011instructions.pdf.

Follow the damn simple rule and don't use your own hand to jeopardize once in a life time opportunity. A word is enough to the wise. Best of luck.

Instructions for DV 2011 was released just yesterday, not even up to 24hours you have started asking questions about picture adjustments.

I don't understand why people just intentionally create unnecessary and avoidable problems for themselves. You have simply identified problems that cannot be corrected in the picture still you are talking about editing. Stop that shit man!!

Simply log on to the DV website for the DV 2011 instructions -

Follow the damn simple rule and don't use your own hand to jeopardize once in a life time opportunity. A word is enough to the wise. Best of luck.
I don't see the point of your fould language at all. I asked a question, if you don't have an answer you are kindly invited not to answer. FYI, it is not my first time to enter the lottery, and I am aware of instructions; they are the same as they were in 2010.

My question was based on last year's warning in the validator that stated
Any manipulation of photographs that alters the facial characteristics is grounds for disqualification of the entire entry.
Since I want to alter what I consider to be a faulty background, it does not alter the facial characteristics in any way.