Edison_NJ APPROVED!!! Yes, Finally it happened today!!!

Thanks guys.

I come back later to write my GC Journey.

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site bringing many of fellow immigrants together.

Hope USCIS clears all the backlogs and reduce processing time to 24 months (atleast) by September 2004.

Congratulations! Edision_NJ

It has been a long time that we can always see you always sincerly congratulate the people got approved from this forum!

Now, it's the time we congratulate you!

Edison_NJ said:
I come back later to write my GC Journey.

Thanks to Rajiv Khanna for maintaining this site bringing many of fellow immigrants together.

Hope USCIS clears all the backlogs and reduce processing time to 24 months (atleast) by September 2004.
Congratulations.... Enjoy the relief....

Congratulations Edison_NJ

Good to see your approval! Hope good news arrives for other 2001 applicants like fira, stuka too! It was a long wait!!!

Enjoy your freedom!

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

It is good to see some familiar names on this board get approved! Hope we all get approved soon.

Edison_NJ,

Congratulations Man. Got to congratulate you....you were there alomost in every approval string congratulating people. :)

Enjoy....

Congrats Edison_NJ, certainly a great news. You really deserved it.
Enjoy the moment.

Best of luck for future..

Thanks guys.

Thanks EAD2003, manu_re, timaeuti, rd2426, dsatish, shishe, 292641, pingpong02, PremChopra, Sky_Drow, lz25888, Maymai, peeved, fira, tammy2, rdAug02, RDAug2002, sam012007, ag28, lovensing, Cheekoo,
bhankas, sunk1ng, shahabraja, isGCtheKey, KIH, Khan_bacha, gc4health, OmGV, Milko_Djurovski, TheEP, infg20, nanas, ghme_rfe, aamirus1, Mechman, Texy, GC_KA_CHAKKAR, mavishka, feb6361, mark_rajiv, sairam1, vidongre, feb27, fanshan, Sunny19, GC022002, sri12, immi_2003, SWaiting, prasa, waiting2long, DHARMA16, san_1, immigrationcom and all others who visit this forum

My GC Journey:
Dec. 1997:
Came to US (Minneapolis, MN) thru Company A
Jun. 1998:
Eligible to apply for Green Card as per Company policies. Asked them to send the necessary applications for applying for Green Card. Decided to change job and apply for Green Card as Company A will not apply in EB2 category.
Oct. 1998:
Got an offer from Company B
Nov. 1998:
Started H1-B with Company B
Jan. 1999:
Company B H1-B approved. Visited India and got married
Feb. 1999:
Came back to US
Mar. 1999:
Gave 2 weeks notice to Company A and joined Company B
Apr. 1999:
Moved to NJ as Company B's client is in Bridgewater, NJ
Mar. 2000:
Eligible to apply for Green card. Didn't go for it
Jul. 2000:
Inquired my Immigration Manager (Company B) about applying for Green card and was asked go thru my Supervisor. Sent a mail to my Supervisor.
Aug. 2000:
Followed up with my Supervisor and got approval and sent it to Immigration Manager.
Sep. 2000:
Followed up with Immigration Manager. She told me that they already applied for this quarter's batch (Company B applies four times a year Feb, May, Aug and Nov) and will have to wait till Nov 2000
Nov. 2000:
Immigration Manager and Lawyer from a law firm told me that they cannot apply for EB2. I said that I don't want to apply for Green Card if they cannot apply in EB2 category
Feb. 2001:
Law firm called me and said my labor papers are getting ready. I said I am
interested only if they can apply in EB2 category for me. They agreed and processing started in IL/Chicago area.
Mar. 2001:
PD 03/06/2001
Jun. 2001:
Lawfirm sent I-485 applications asking me to get ready with the form and medicals before Labor was approved. Labor Certification got approved
Jul. 2001:
Came to know there was some problem with my I-94. My I-94 extension was applied by Company B using my initial I-94 when I entered US in Dec. 1997. But I got new I-94 when I re-entered US in Feb. 1999.
Aug. 2001:
Went to Chicago (my Company and lawyer are in Chicago) for correcting the I-94. Applied for I-140 in NSC
Sep. 2001:
I-140 got transferred to VSC on 09/10/2001. Completed medicals for I-485
Nov. 2001:
I-140 got approved (11/01/2001)
Dec. 2001:
Applied for I-485, EAD and AP (Applied under section 245i for my wife as she violated the status according to lawyer. She came to US in H4 and got H1-B in Dec. 1999 and started working from Feb. 2000 thru Jan. 2001. My wife stopped working after our daughter was born in Feb. 2001. We didn't change her status back to H4. That is a violation of status. And I had to pay $1000 as my company didn't pay. So she cannot travel outside of US though we have approved AP).
Jan. 2002:
1st EAD and AP approved
Mar. 2002:
Got 1st FP notice
Apr. 2002:
Did 1st FP
Aug. 2002:
Moved to new address and filed AR-11 and called INS and updated the address
Oct. 2002:
Applied for 2nd EAD and AP
Dec. 2002:
2nd EAD and AP approved
Jul. 2003:
Contacted Senator Jon Corzine
Aug. 2003:
Got reply from Senator saying that I should get 2nd FP within 30 to 60 days.
Sep. 2003:
Applied for 3rd EAD and AP
Nov. 2003:
Contacted Senator Jon Corzine. Got reply from Senator saying that I should get 2nd FP within 30 days 3rd EAD Approved and got RFE for 3rd AP
Dec. 2003:
Contacted Senator Jon Corzine. Got reply from Senator saying that I should get 2nd FP within 30 to 60 days. RFE reply received by USCIS for 3rd AP. H1-B 6 year period got over and company didn't apply for extension (policy)
Jan. 2004:
Contacted Senator Frank Lautenberg. Got reply from Senator saying that I should get 2nd FP within 30 to 60 days.
Feb. 2004:
Contacted Senator Jon Corzine. Got reply from Senator saying that I should get 2nd FP within 90 to 120 days. 3rd AP approved.
Mar. 2004:
Left a voice message to Senator Frank Lautenberg.
Apr. 2004:
Received 2nd FP notice. Did 2nd FP on scheduled date. Signed up in USCIS website and my LUD was 05/28/2003.
May. 2004:
On May 18, 2004, my LUD changed to 05/17/2004 with FP message (On May 06, 2004 ...received the results of your fingerprinting....). Contacted Senator Jon Corzine. Contacted FBI name check and got reply back within 48 business hours saying that mine and my wife's name check were completed and sent to INS back in Dec. 2002
Jun. 2004:
Contacted Senator Jon Corzine three times to know the status of the inquiry. I was told that they will contact me when they get response from USCIS.
Jul. 2004:
Was planning on sending a fax inquiry (as expedite requests for many people were denied). Was planning on applying for 4th EAD and AP and asked lawyer to send the appliations. Got approval on 07/08/2004. Got reply mail from Senator Jon Corzine saying that our cases were approved yesterday.

I will be visiting India this year after 5 1/2 years of continuous stay here in US.

My special thanks to many old timers who already got approved long time back (atleat a year back) like PatienceGC, WheresMahGreen, another_wish, greaty-k, ric2, etc., (I don't remember all the names now) and edison, dsatish, pingpong02, dengdeng, fira, sam%, ar888, vidongre, mavishka, GC_KA_CHAKKAR, TheRealCanadian, etc.,

Hope all 2001 filers get approved by this month.
Hope all Jan.-Jun. 2002 filers get approved by next month.
Hope all Jul.-Dec. 2002 filers get approved by September 2004.
Hope all 2003 filers get approved by December 2004.
Hope everything is smooth after that (6 months to 1 year max. processing time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Man
Nice One
Hope now You have a nice and peaceful sleep
Go and Visit India
That's on my priority List too . 3 years in my Case.
Take a good vacation and enjoy your GC to full extent

All the best Take care
and will talk of the same isuues 5 yrs later. But till then Have Fun Have Nice Trip to India.