• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

economical situation in USA

bmx I don't care what you say, if you are unhappy in your life and you don't have dreams or goals, that doesn't mean that all people are just like you, really I feel sad for you !!!!

Ok bmx think as you like be sad or be happy it's matter of luck and hard work. I want to tell you what the privileges of the immigration from my point of view, well I am from 3rd world country and I am Engineer and I work in Gulf area, do you know why I would like to move to USA, maybe I will not find job directly and maybe I have to make small jobs I never think of doing it before, and maybe that will cause me frustration and make me unhappy at all, and the most important thing that I will need to study more inside the US just to approve my Engineering BS in the US, but also it's not easy and it's really hard and maybe I'll find another career which will make me more sad in the US, but my friend eventually as GC holder I'll have the American passport and I will back to gulf with this passport and I'll take salary I never dream to take it, you know I saw and met so many American here in Gulf and they were smart enough to come and work here in really large salaries with privileges you can't even imagine just because they are holding the passport, ok for me why not do that also? I can come to USA and barely find a job and I'll find any job no matte what, I'll try to continue to Maser degree while I am working, and at the end I'' have the American passport, and I'll take salary you never heard about, but all what you need just to work hard and to think and plan right and you will make your dream come true ( if you have dream), trust me if you read my words correct you will find out that all what I write is 100 % true, and don't tell that I'll be sad or I'll cry like you. no because one day I'll have it all even if I suffer at the beginning, I'll work hard any thing I'll continue my study and if I make it, I'll back to gulf as American with all the benefits they have here, my friend you make your destiny not the US it's just you if you have faith that you have real dreams, and you can make fun of me as you like I don't care. but at least I have the faith and I have the strength to make it true

Ok bmx think as you like be sad or be happy it's matter of luck and hard work. I want to tell you what the privileges of the immigration from my point of view, well I am from 3rd world country and I am Engineer and I work in Gulf area, do you know why I would like to move to USA, maybe I will not find job directly and maybe I have to make small jobs I never think of doing it before, and maybe that will cause me frustration and make me unhappy at all, and the most important thing that I will need to study more inside the US just to approve my Engineering BS in the US, but also it's not easy and it's really hard and maybe I'll find another career which will make me more sad in the US, but my friend eventually as GC holder I'll have the American passport and I will back to gulf with this passport and I'll take salary I never dream to take it, you know I saw and met so many American here in Gulf and they were smart enough to come and work here in really large salaries with privileges you can't even imagine just because they are holding the passport, ok for me why not do that also? I can come to USA and barely find a job and I'll find any job no matte what, I'll try to continue to Maser degree while I am working, and at the end I'' have the American passport, and I'll take salary you never heard about, but all what you need just to work hard and to think and plan right and you will make your dream come true ( if you have dream), trust me if you read my words correct you will find out that all what I write is 100 % true, and don't tell that I'll be sad or I'll cry like you. no because one day I'll have it all even if I suffer at the beginning, I'll work hard any thing I'll continue my study and if I make it, I'll back to gulf as American with all the benefits they have here, my friend you make your destiny not the US it's just you if you have faith that you have real dreams, and you can make fun of me as you like I don't care. but at least I have the faith and I have the strength to make it true

firo,

Thanks for the post, that is the idea my man.

ALMOST 30 MILLION Americans ARE on Antidepressants DRUGS
AND FURTHER 170 MILLIONS ON SOME SORT PRESCRIPTION DRUGS ...IS THAT SIGN OF THE "HAPPY" HEALTHY SOCIETY AND PEOPLE LIVING THEIR AMERICAN DREAMS ( OR NIGHTMARE ?)
no other developed country has such ration of "sick" people ...
Consider that on every 4 people who seek psychiatric help there is ONE WHO DOES NOT you have another 8 million people who are depressed but do not seek help ...SO ALL IN ALL YOU HAVE ABOUT 40 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE USA WHO ARE BASICALLY NUT CASES DUE TO LIVING AND SOCIAL CONDITIONS IN THE USA .......
THAT'S ANOTHER LOOK ON THE USA FOR YOU ..

BTW 40 MILLION PEOPLE IS WHOLE POPULATION OF SAY COUNTRY OF SPAIN ...

why ??? you want to come over for diner ??or you too become prone to asking stupid questions like cheap amber ... you better get ready for the big old USA ...;)

Are you thinking of coming to the United States? ([B]My interest is on the comments in red) [/B]
http://odili.net/news/source/2010/jun/28/800.html

I believe that whoever wins the lottery has reasons to thank God.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you thinking of coming to the United States?

Sabella Ogbobode

Migration is as old as human history. Not minding the salient accounts of religious texts and popular mythologies, archaeological and anthropological findings suggest that our forbearers - the Hominids and the Homo sapiens - migrated from Africa to other regions of the world. But, of course, this was millions of years ago and with all kinds of evolutionary and genetic transformation taking place. In modern times, there are several reasons why humans engage in cross-border or international migration.

Are you thinking of coming to the United States?

advertisement

Generally speaking, these factors are referred to as the pull-push factors of migration, which include religious and political persecution; famine and war; the need to join loved ones overseas; political instability; extreme poverty; and the pursuit of the proverbial greener pastures. Specifically with Nigerians, and more so in the last two decades, most migrate in order to escape the searing effects of poverty, endemic hopelessness and the limiting and inhibiting political and economic space.

Although there are no available data to show which regions or countries Nigerians prefer as their destination of choice, a casual observation indicates that in the 1960s, through the middle part of the 1980s, it was Western Europe in general, and the United Kingdom in particular. In the intervening year, North America - especially the United States - seems to have become the favored choice since most deem it to be the "ultimate destination." If not America, then, Canada; otherwise, they would settle for European countries.

The United States of America is many things to many people. Here, dreams are dreamt up and made. It is a land of many possibilities and countless headaches. It is a land of dream merchants, fabulists, heart-breakers and tale-tellers. This is the land of loving gods and fire-spitting deities. Everything is possible here. From Alaska to Florida and from Hawaii to Maine to Puerto Rico to Texas - this is the land of the possible. Histories are made, barriers are removed and frontiers are crossed. This is the USA, but beware!

Think twice before you cross the ocean. There are very many Nigerians who, from time to time, wonder why they came in the first place. And frankly, no one told many of us the truth about how difficult, complex and discouraging life in this country can be. No one told of how America can mess with one's mind. No one told us how this country tests one's faith; of how this country can transform one's essence, for good or for bad. All we were concerned with were the rewards, not the possible pain and agony.

We are willing to sell our souls to come to America. We are willing to falsify documents just to come to this country. We are willing to commit indiscretions, to leave our familiar lives for the unknown in America. Those of us who were "somebody" in our departing countries were willing to come to America to start afresh as "nobody." The pull of this country is so great that the vast majority of us who made the journey cannot think of a life without America.

A medical doctor in Lesotho would rather come to America to be a Certified Nursing Assistant; a Ghanaian trained bank manager would rather come to America to be a grocery store clerk or security officer. A Namibian trained geologist would rather come to America to be a gas station attendant. A Nigerian lady would rather come to America to wed a dish washer rather than marry a promising civil servant in Nigeria. Such is the lure and allure of America that twenty-five per cent or more of the continent's population would migrate to the US, if allowed. But, unfortunately, most of us left home without knowing what we were getting ourselves into; all we knew was that there must be a "better life yonder."

Whether one fails or succeeds depends on several factors, and some of these factors are, for the most part, completely beyond one's control. There are those who have tried many times over without success or success came at a painfully slow pace - while some seem to have the golden touch, especially in the acquisition of the Alien Registration Card, aka Greencard. There is a lot of preparatory work to be done, but the requirements are easy to meet. It is therefore in your best interest to follow the law. But if you must bend or break the law, be prepared for application denial, arrest, prosecution or arrest and deportation.

It is difficult to imagine life in America without a Greencard. It is the gateway to many opportunities and possibilities. I have witnessed grown men weep over Greencard. I have witnessed grown men and women lose their minds after being turned down by the then Immigration and Naturalization Services. I have witnessed men and women who are otherwise intelligent and rational, do the questionable over Greencard.

And yet, there are those who stroll into the US with Greencard, i.e. the Greencard lottery winners. How fortunate they must be! While a great many suffer years of immigration palaver, these lottery winners just waltz into the country. How lucky they must be not to have to go through some of the indignities and iniquities that are sometimes associated with the process.
You weep when the immigration officer rejects your application. You weep when the officer tells you "you will be investigated." You shiver when the officer tells you your papers are not in order. You weep when, within a few days or weeks before the interview, your significant other tells you that he or she has had a change of mind or that he or she suspects you are "no good and of no use." You weep when things that ought not to go wrong go abysmally wrong. And you die a dozen times when you get a deportation order.

In such moments, you pray for seven days and seven nights. You remember all the sins you've committed and then go to confession. You fast for forty days and forty nights. You give offerings and pray for INS-mercy. Most people will suddenly become born-again Christians, and at the same time send messages to their folks back home to consult with the Imam, the Babalawo (diviner) or the head of their alternate religious faith for fortune to smile on them.

If you ever make it to the United States, please obey the laws. To start with, no tax frauds, no trying to outmaneuver the immigration folks, and no drugs; no credit card or insurance fraud or other prosecutable offenses. Also, do whatever it takes to stay away from child support mess; otherwise, your life will be on hold for 18 years as year after year 20-35 per cent of your net income may be withheld for the upkeep of your child.

Finally, before the end of your sojourn in this country - be it five, 10, 15 or 30 years, be sure to acquire graduate or some form of technical education. And please stay away from driving cabs unless, of course, you absolutely have to (in times of financial crisis). Why? Because driving a cab is one of the most addictive and dead-end jobs there is in this country. And please remember not to die in America.

But of course, not everybody cares about how and where they die; not everybody cares whether they die amongst strangers or among loving faces; not everybody cares whether they die in a stormy weather or atop a mountain. Death is death. But to the extent that you care, it is better to die among friends and family. If you lived all your productive life in this country, you are likely to end up in a nursing home amongst strangers; you are likely to die alone and lonely and be buried in a cemetery with unknown ghostly faces.

Abidde, an academic in the US, writes from

sabidde@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
The government this time has been active in trying to prevent an economic meltdown, precisely because officials worried about another Great Depression. Explaining why President Bush backed the bailout, spokeswoman Dana Perino said: "It was when Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson came to him and said we could be facing something worse than the Great Depression if we don't act, that the president realized that he had to put aside his instincts and focus on what he could do as president of the United States to help save this economy — not to help save Wall Street, not to help save any individual economy, but to help individual Americans all across the country of all economic stripes." The $700 billion bailout bill, and the fiscal stimulus checks that went out early this year, although controversial, show that the government is willing to intervene in the financial system to keep it afloat.

bmx88 I will not argue with you any more because you are helpless case, I tried to make clear and honest discussion with you, but you are hopeless loser and very rude person, and I can't argue with rude people like you, and you know I will leave you here barking like dog, you think you are the only one knows the US, my cousins there and a lot of friends and all of them success in there life, Engineers and Doctors and IT, and they are living the American dream. so please don't you dare talk to me in this rude uncivilized writing, because I tried to respect you but you don't deserve to be respected, please don't replay me because I wont answer lower people like you

my friend joeque leave this loser don't argue with him any more because he is just wasting our time

hehehe you will have to shed a lot of sweat to get where I am at the moment ...considering what you have to go through when you get here ...you are lowest of the low trust me on that ....I don't really have to argue anything ...I know ... all these college degrees you are throwing around won't help you much ...I can predict that your first American dream job would be in some small company in IT department for say 17 dollars an hour .. and its gonna stay like that for loooooooooooooong time and it has to be some big city on the est coast (NY/CHICAGO) where the costs of life would kill you ....but before you get there it will be some 6-7 months of nothing where you might consider my advice and DRIVE A CAB ;;
there is a vast competition here in the USA and no jobs so the more you are out of work force you chance to get back in it are getting LOWER ... when ONE DAY you gonna find out you are virtually unemployable by American standard......

hehehe you will have to shed a lot of sweat to get where I am at the moment ...considering what you have to go through when you get here ...you are lowest of the low trust me on that ....I don't really have to argue anything ...I know ... all these college degrees you are throwing around won't help you much ...I can predict that your first American dream job would be in some small company in IT department for say 17 dollars an hour .. and its gonna stay like that for loooooooooooooong time and it has to be some big city on the est coast (NY/CHICAGO) where the costs of life would kill you ....but before you get there it will be some 6-7 months of nothing where you might consider my advice and DRIVE A CAB ;;
there is a vast competition here in the USA and no jobs so the more you are out of work force you chance to get back in it are getting LOWER ... when ONE DAY you gonna find out you are virtually unemployable by American standard......

oh look, now Mr. Troll Master says his in the US. who was saying that "oh, i have already left, everyone should do the same, i have a booboo on my knee".

you can be hateful, i can understand that (you may have numerous unresolved issues), but lying is just pathetic

This thread needs to go back to its' original theme - specific stories from people who have reached the US - what is it like, cost of living, etc. Ignore any posts which are not particularly helpful.

oh look, now Mr. Troll Master says his in the US. who was saying that "oh, i have already left, everyone should do the same, i have a booboo on my knee".

you can be hateful, i can understand that (you may have numerous unresolved issues), but lying is just pathetic

O cheap dung ..sorry... amber ... glad that you can join us ..DELUSIONAL AS USUAL ARE WE ??
did you get the weekend pass from that mental hospital they send you for "vacation" ?
still peeing in your bed every night ...??

O cheap dung ..sorry... amber ... glad that you can join us ..DELUSIONAL AS USUAL ARE WE ??
did you get the weekend pass from that mental hospital they send you for "vacation" ?
still peeing in your bed every night ...??

look at you! picking up words as you go. did little bmx look up the meaning of the word delusional? :gives bmx a bone shaped cookie:

you still have a lot to work on but using four syllable words is a step in the right direction. keep at it! (you should abandon paltering though)