Eb5 Green Card - What are the best Regional Centers?

eb5 green card

Registered Users (C)
I'm looking at various investment options for eb5, and I'm curious what everyone thinks of the different regional centers? Does anyone have experience with their performance numbers? I'm looking for the best return on investment (ROI), along with the most reliable firm.

Do not go for regional center as you've no control over your money (easier to lose it all) and the ROI is not so great. You're better off starting your own business running a Subway or KFC or Quiznos.

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to put together some data on the various options for EB5 for an ebook. Perhaps you can be a contributor?

Do you have any numbers on Real Estate Development ROI and risk VS/ Fast Food franchise ROI and risk?

Hi GCI, Why don't you let us know the exact ROI that you get from AmLife?

Here are the suggestions I offer to my clients and FYI, although technically the investment is supposed to be "at risk", practically speaking, it is close to impossible to screw up with the following businesses, and I've yet to see anything less than ease in exceeding the USCIS requirements at the end of the 2 year period. As a matter of fact, I will give you a simple example of an average small investor looking to invest $500,000 in a targeted area as well as an ordinary investor looking to invest $1,000,000 in an urban area.

In either case where the investment is made directly as opposed to a regional center, it is quite easy to get a business loan equal to the cash invested, in order to double the amount of cash deployed in the business. Let us say for the sake of argument the small investor only gets $500,000 of his own money and $500,000 from the bank to begin with at an interest rate of 8%. This is easily enough to begin operations with at least 2 Subway shops or 2 La Salsa shops or even 2 DQ or Dunkin shops. In my experience, I've yet to see any of my clients fail to get at least a $7000 per month NOI on a Subway franchise after paying expenses such as raw materials, rent, utilities, salaries, taxes, etc. Assuming the interest payment per month on $500,000 is $3333, and Net Operating Income from 2 shops is $14000, it would still clear $10,000 a month if not more. Annually, it works out to be approximately $120,000, which makes it have an ROE of at least 22%. And these are CONSERVATIVE figures.

For customers who can invest $1,000,000 or more, the better option is to choose a McDonalds which is IMHO, a far safer bet than even Subway, and Subway is already a pretty solid investment to begin with.

FYI, I normally try to steer my low budget clients into smaller towns such as Redding, Chico, Humboldt, Merced and the Tahoe or Shasta areas in CA or Fort Walton Beach, Naples, Venice and Windermere in FL.

The franchises I usually advise my conservative clients to go into are:
1) Subway
2) Dairy Queen
3) Dunkin Donuts and / or Basking Robbins (both are brands of the same corporation anyway)
4) Little Caesars
5) Jimmy John's
6) Wing Stop
7) UPS Store
8) Days inn Motel
9) Super 8 Motel
10) Anytime Fitness
11) Planet Fitness
12) ServPro
13) Massage Envy
14) Baja Fresh
15) La Salsa
16) McDonalds
17) KFC
18) 7-11
19) Krispy Kreme
20) Hungry Howies

I hope this helps.

YMMV (Your mileage may vary, which is legalese for these are figures I've seen, but you may get figures that are radically different).

Gold Coast Florida Regional Center

I would recommend Gold Coast Florida Regional Center - www . gcfrc . com. We are offering an investment in a mix-use real estate project located in a TEA ($500K) in downtown Hollywood, FL - www . hollywoodcirclefl . com.

Hi Abbas, Why don't you tell us what is track record you have, the ROI seen by your investors in the last 3 years and the number of investors who've had losses as well as the size of their losses? Also, can you please tell us how many investors have obtained Permanent Residency with you and how long your project has been up and running as well as the corporate structure?

Your website says average ROI is 5% whereas Subway / McDonalds / 7-11 owner operators usually get at least 20% and on an average get 25% to 28 % annual ROI during operations, and over 35% upon exit if they ever choose to exit. Do you also advise potential investors that the entire FL real estate market is in the doldrums now?

AFAIK, direct investments do take 2-3 months longer, but investors get a significantly lower amount of risk and a higher return on investment when they directly invest in an active fast food or retail environment as opposed to passive investments such as yours. Plus, when a new business is formed and payroll records are available from day one of operations, it is hard to get into trouble with the USCIS.