EB3 World situation

marlon2006

Registered Users (C)
EB3 World is now on October 2001.
My hope is that possibly EB2 World unused visas can be reallocated to EB3 World at the end of the fiscal year. I think we should know that by September, when the visa bulletin October 2006 is published.

Also, chances are in October we can see this moving to April 2002 or so. At least for the 2002 folks, we have some hope.

Please let me know what you think.

Marlon,

You made a valid point. There will be plenty EB2 unused visa which can easily be reallocated. I am hoping at least it will move Feb/March 02 on next bulletin. Also, there should be few applicants on November/December period so my guess is it will move at least 4 months.

Cheers!

marlon2006 said:
EB3 World is now on October 2001.
My hope is that possibly EB2 World unused visas can be reallocated to EB3 World at the end of the fiscal year. I think we should know that by September, when the visa bulletin October 2006 is published.

Also, chances are in October we can see this moving to April 2002 or so. At least for the 2002 folks, we have some hope.

Please let me know what you think.

Manaka, someone posted that EB2 World left overs are reallocated to oversubscribed countries first. Too bad.
Tell me, why do you think there are not many EB3 world applicants in Nov/December ? Any evidence ?

manaka said:
Marlon,

You made a valid point. There will be plenty EB2 unused visa which can easily be reallocated. I am hoping at least it will move Feb/March 02 on next bulletin. Also, there should be few applicants on November/December period so my guess is it will move at least 4 months.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Eb2 Unused visas will be allocated to the retrogressed/oversubscrible countries in EB2 itself first. Does that mean that EB-2, India which hasn't moved a bit in last 3 bulletins, should get some respite in the last bulletin of the fiscal year.

Marlan,

The reason I am saying less applicants in Nov/Dec because of my own experience. I could remember back in October 2001, when my company HR told lawyers to start the process. They responded me back in November 1st week, did paper work in Mid November and disappered for 2 weeks due to thanksgiving, came back 1st week of December , again work on paper work, again disappered another 3 weeks for X-mas vacation and finally mine was filed on mid Jan of 02. So all these lazy ass company lawyers take so much time on holidays period, I don't think there are too many applications on that time.

Just my 2 cents

marlon2006 said:
Manaka, someone posted that EB2 World left overs are reallocated to oversubscribed countries first. Too bad.
Tell me, why do you think there are not many EB3 world applicants in Nov/December ? Any evidence ?

Prediction for August Bulletin

Just try to wake up this thread. Any prediciton for up coming bulletin. It should move at least 4 months. ( Just check my logic above) ....Anyway, for Ghanians waiters, pls pls don't put 3 goals to US tomorrow :) otherwise, you guys gonna be in limbo ...

Cheers!

PD Jan 2002, eb3 world

at their mercy..
so if they feel like not wasting any visa numbers this yr..we HOPE we will see some movement in EB2 India..
I am keeping my fingers crossed..
hopes pinned on the august bulletin

HopesOfGC said:
Eb2 Unused visas will be allocated to the retrogressed/oversubscrible countries in EB2 itself first. Does that mean that EB-2, India which hasn't moved a bit in last 3 bulletins, should get some respite in the last bulletin of the fiscal year.

Remember 9-11

I have my doubts that there are many PD's for the balance of 2001. After September 11, I believe (and this is my speculation) that a lot of businesses just put off everything for a while until they could get a handle on what was going on.

As a result, I think it is completely reasonable for EB3 World to move at least 6 months for August.

This would make me current (I'm March 2002) which is very important, because I just got a job offer back in my home country (Canada). I'd much rather stay here however.

blondhenge,

you are right. I have no doubt that there are hardly any applicants between October 01 till end of the year. Let's cross the finger . My guess is it will move at least 4 months

blondhenge said:
I have my doubts that there are many PD's for the balance of 2001. After September 11, I believe (and this is my speculation) that a lot of businesses just put off everything for a while until they could get a handle on what was going on.

As a result, I think it is completely reasonable for EB3 World to move at least 6 months for August.

This would make me current (I'm March 2002) which is very important, because I just got a job offer back in my home country (Canada). I'd much rather stay here however.

manaka said:
blondhenge,

you are right. I have no doubt that there are hardly any applicants between October 01 till end of the year. Let's cross the finger . My guess is it will move at least 4 months

That might apply across the board. If I recall that was a time of great uncertainty and a lot of people might have postponed or withdrawn applications.

I think your logic is valid. However, I think I read an article saying that a number of people rushed to file permanent residency few months after 9/11 amid increasing concerns that the immigration laws could change. I was one of the them. Thanks to a lame secretary in my organization my papers was submitted on April 2002. It could had beeen earlier than that.

I have the impression that due to the Christmas holidays I think not a lot of people submit the paperwork between November and December anyway.

manaka said:
blondhenge,

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a guess

marlon2006 said:
I think your logic is valid. However, I think I read an article saying that a number of people rushed to file permanent residency few months after 9/11 amid increasing concerns that the immigration laws could change. I was one of the them. Thanks to a lame secretary in my organization my papers was submitted on April 2002. It could had beeen earlier than that.

I have the impression that due to the Christmas holidays I think not a lot of people submit the paperwork between November and December anyway.

Marlon, you may very well be right. I'm only speculating as far as potential filings during the last quarter of 2001.

For EB-3, a PD is normally obtained with the filing of a labor certification. I can only speculate that the # of labor certs filed for the end of the year was lower than in past quarters. This includes 9/11, as well as the general slowing of the economy.

I guess time will tell! Good luck to you--hopefully we will be done with this process shortly!

manaka said:
VB should be moving at least 4 months for EB3 World. What u guys think ?
Go Italy ....:)

Most evidence and specualtion says a week at best and perhaps even unavailability or further retrogression. What do you think it will still go forward? Not that I'm hoping your wrong mind you....

Lets not forget

Lets not forget this item from July bulletin. They did clearly indicate that

################
cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible.
################

I am a optimistic person, hope this is not the case and pray there is major forward movements in cutoff dates.

F. IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE REMAINDER OF FY-2006

Readers are reminded that during the summer months, with immigrant visa number use approaching the annual limits for the year, the supply of numbers remaining for use is limited. Thus, cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced.

hkhr said:
Lets not forget this item from July bulletin. They did clearly indicate that

################
cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible.
################

I am a optimistic person, hope this is not the case and pray there is major forward movements in cutoff dates.

F. IMMIGRANT VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE REMAINDER OF FY-2006

Readers are reminded that during the summer months, with immigrant visa number use approaching the annual limits for the year, the supply of numbers remaining for use is limited. Thus, cut-off date advances could slow or stop, and monthly allocations decrease. Additional retrogression of cut-off dates such as those experienced for July are possible. Readers should not assume visa availability until the cut-off dates are announced.

I saw your point. Since the USCIS is running on broke system, you never know what's gonna happen. However, I still think it will be surprised move.

August Bulletin Should Be Out Today (Hopefully)

Hopefully, the August visa bulletin will be released today and if the EB3 world-wide date moves up by a few months, we'll all be happy. My money is on dates to move up by a couple of months (again, this is purely a guess).

As for the debate on whether unused EB2 world-wide number will be allocated to EB3 WW or assigned to EB2 India & China .... We all know it is tough to predict what USCIS will do. However, the lingo on the visa bulletin explicitly say that "any unused EB2 numbers will be allocated to EB3", but there is nothing to suggest that they will be allocated to countries that have reached their cap. That's my two cents.

PD Current for me, now what?

My PD became current as of june 1st, as per the visa bulletin of May 2006. My PD is 03/06/2001

My interview was done lsat year in newark,nj.

Now what? I still havent heard back from local office. Is there anything i can do, any idea how long will it take once PD becomes current. Its been current for me for 40 days now.

HopesOfGC said:
Eb2 Unused visas will be allocated to the retrogressed/oversubscrible countries in EB2 itself first.
I do not think this is correct. If it’d work this way we could expect that world wide EB2 would not become current until EB1 China and EB1 India are current.