EB3 to EB2 with same employer

NJVerifier

Hello All,

My case was filed under EB3 category and I have an EAD with my priority date is in feb'06. I had been working with the same employer for over 5 yrs and I have a masters degree from India. There are no job title changes and the increase in salary is about 5% since the GC process has started. This being said can I request my employer to file a petition to port my EB3 case to EB2. If yes then please let me know the pros/cons and the process to file this.

Thank you in Advance.

NJVerifier

Hello All,

My case was filed under EB3 category and I have an EAD with my priority date is in feb'06. I had been working with the same employer for over 5 yrs and I have a masters degree from India. There are no job title changes and the increase in salary is about 5% since the GC process has started. This being said can I request my employer to file a petition to port my EB3 case to EB2. If yes then please let me know the pros/cons and the process to file this.

Thank you in Advance.

NJVerifier
Experience gained with same employer who filed EB3 for you does not make you eligible for EB2. if the other employer files EB2 then you can use that exp.