EB3 retrogression for transfer cases

anujsingla

Registered Users (C)
Is EB3 retrogression applicable to transfer cases also?

My labor was applied in March 2003 and I-140&I1-485 were received by USCIS on 10/09/2003. I-140 approved in 12/2004 and I-485 transferred in 12/2004. Interview date: 07/20/05 (Chicago).

Is it possible that I may not get my passport stamped due to EB3 retrogression.... I was so happy when I got interview appointment notice but now the thought of retrogression is worrying me sick... :-( :-( :-(

Is my thinking correct (I hope not) or am I just thinking too much.

Your case will not be approved during interview, even if the officer thinks your case is OK. Your case will be approved until the visa number is available.

anujsingla said:

My labor was applied in March 2003 and I-140&I1-485 were received by USCIS on 10/09/2003. I-140 approved in 12/2004 and I-485 transferred in 12/2004. Interview date: 07/20/05 (Chicago).

Is it possible that I may not get my passport stamped due to EB3 retrogression.... I was so happy when I got interview appointment notice but now the thought of retrogression is worrying me sick... :-( :-( :-(

Yes - its applicable.

You should have a visa number available at the time of approval (either at normal 485 approval time or during the interview).

You'll have to wait till your PD becomes current to get the final approval

anujsingla said:

Hi anujsingla,

When is your PD? also do you know what the current PD is?

Thanks

LA_GC485
----------------------------
EB3 Concurrent
L.C. PD: Nov. 2001
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : Jun. 2005
Scheduled interview date: Jul. 2005

max2k1 said:
Yes - its applicable.

You should have a visa number available at the time of approval (either at normal 485 approval time or during the interview).

You'll have to wait till your PD becomes current to get the final approval

That's interesting. Is it fair to say then that at the end of interview, you will know whether you got approved vs waiting til you PD becomes current?

I wonder if that's the case, what advantages there are. For example, can you travel? I don't think you will get a stamp so...?

npnjan02 said:
That's interesting. Is it fair to say then that at the end of interview, you will know whether you got approved vs waiting til you PD becomes current?

I wonder if that's the case, what advantages there are. For example, can you travel? I don't think you will get a stamp so...?
I don't think there is an "approval" and a "final approval". Approval is approval.
Right now, since there's no visa number for EB3 available, your case will not be approved during interview. Your case will be onhold if the officer thinks your case is OK and it will be approved when the visa number is available.
Good luck.

Yep. Just had my interview today in Chicago and this is exactly what happened to me. I was told by the examiner to "keep checking the website" (US State Dept Visa Bulletins, I presume) and to "schedule an appointment" (via INFOPASS, I presume) once the PD becomes current.

Tell us more about the interview - was it long? What did they ask?

Where can I find out if my PD is current?

npnjan02 said:
Tell us more about the interview - was it long? What did they ask?

My interview was scheduled for 10:40am, I was called in at about 11:20am. Interview lasted about 20 minutes. The examiner took my employment letter, photos, expired EAD cards, and copies of my tax returns and w2s. She asked for the medical exam; when I said it was already filed she looked and found it in my file. The questions were all of the "have you ever been arrested?" variety.

Everything seemed to be in order. Too bad that in the six weeks between the interview appointment letter and the interview the EB3 visas became unavailable.

npnjan02 said:
Where can I find out if my PD is current?

The examiner did not give me a specific web address for determining when visas become available again. I believe you should keep an eye on http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html There is a link there, "Current Bulletin" which presumably points to the latest visa bulletin newsletter. That link currently points to the July bulletin, http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2539.html

Take a look at the table under the heading EMPLOYMENT VISA.

At the end of the bulletin they have instructions for subscribing to their visa bulletin listserv.

EB3 Interview, but no visa number

Just had our interview (wife, daughter and me) today, it was pretty smooth, but our cases are still pending because of no visa number. I was told that making an infopass appointment to local office when visa number is available and no more interview is needed.

LA_GC485
-----------------------------------------
EB3 Concurrent
L.C. PD: Nov. 2001
140/485 RD: Oct. 2003
140 Approved : Jan. 2004
485 cases transferred to local office : Aug. 2004
Interview Letter received : Jun. 2005
Scheduled interview date: Jul. 2005

Me and my wife had an interview at Chicago USCIS office. Obviously, our application was not approved.

Interview was very smooth. Officer just took copies of our tax returns, checked the original birth certificates and made us sign at couple of places. She talked about Indian food and restaurants etc. She was very nice and told us that she was going to approve our visa. I was delightfully surprised at this news and then she took our fingerprints also. BUT THEN she started typing on her computer and something popped up and then she took out some folder and checked some bulletin which showed the unavailability of visa in EB3 category. She apologised at least 3 times and then told us to keep a look on USCIS website for the visa availability and schedule an appointment when date becomes current. However, she also mentioned that by that time our fingerprints might expire and we may first have to do our fingerprinting and wait for fingerprint results before going for the stamping. Fingerprinying can be done only when the date becomes current.

where did you get the November 1997 dates from, last time I checked it was January 1998 for EB3 from india

EB3 Retrogression Attn Concurrentfiler

:rolleyes:
Hello concurrent filer Nowhere in the chart there is a date Nov 97.
Dont confuse people unnecessarily
I agree with ykhan. It is Jan 98. that is what the horde of indians read.
Can you clarify where u read Nov 97

Last edited by a moderator: