EB3 Retrogress - Predictions

PHSESAaug

Registered Users (C)
All,

Starting Oct'05 EB3 numbers will become available. However the priority dates will retrogress. What are your predictions for the priority date?

Cheers.

Just wait for a month

Let us just wait patiently till mid Sept to know the actual EB3 visa availability dates for October :)

PD:03/2002
EB3 Concurrent Filing
I-140/I-485 RD 02/14/2003 ND 02/18/2003
Name Check cleared in 03/2003
FP1: 06/24/04 FP2: 07/27/05
I-140 AD 11/08/04 (after followup thro Senator Cornyn)
I-485 Transfer to Dallas local office: 11/08/04
3 EADs
Awaiting 3rd AP
I-485 AD: ????

I don't think guessing is a good idea. It might dash up our hopes, come Oct '05.

However, I was talking to my attorney this friday and she mentioned that the cut off priority date for EB3 might retrogress to 3rd quarter (Jul-Sep) of 2002.

But she further added that "don't pin your hopes on prediction. Retrogression may go well before 3rd quarter of '02, depending on the demand for visa numbers"

victim_of_INS said:
I am guessing it to be between Jan 2003 and June 2003 . Anybody wants to bet ?

U are right .Guessing is not good idea.

Speculative prediction are based on suitability of individual PD.But as per Murthy.com it looks very grim future for all EB category.

mhsoor said:
I don't think guessing is a good idea. It might dash up our hopes, come Oct '05.

However, I was talking to my attorney this friday and she mentioned that the cut off priority date for EB3 might retrogress to 3rd quarter (Jul-Sep) of 2002.

But she further added that "don't pin your hopes on prediction. Retrogression may go well before 3rd quarter of '02, depending on the demand for visa numbers"

i too think PD availability for EB3 category will be sometime around late 2002 or early 2003. i also think by the end of this year or early next year there will some more advancement in PD for EB3 because mccoryn or mccain bill.

victim_of_INS said:
I am guessing it to be between Jan 2003 and June 2003 . Anybody wants to bet ?

Yes. I also feel the same.

Lets keep our hopes high.

nishokie said:
i too think PD availability for EB3 category will be sometime around late 2002 or early 2003. i also think by the end of this year or early next year there will some more advancement in PD for EB3 because mccoryn or mccain bill.

A prayer more than a prediction

Guys and Gals,

I think we should all hope and pray for a better future for the EB3 category. There are a lot of doomsday scenarios out there but we cannot let these bother us to much. Lets wait for October and then do what is necessary to get attention to our cases. We have to be informed and active with our process. Things will work out eventually but its important to stay on top of this process. There is a very fine line between being active and being to invovled and stressed about it. I know its tough to do but thats the only healthy way of going about it.

As for a prediction, I think it will be mid to late 02. I am hoping its early 03 though.

regards,

saras

Saras

You are absolutely right. I have realized that nothing much one can do on things like this except being positive about it and focus on your work. This has been an unfortunate turn in our life but we must learn to continue to drive ourselves. There has to be a way out and i know there will be one.

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

I think we should all hope and pray for a better future for the EB3 category. There are a lot of doomsday scenarios out there but we cannot let these bother us to much. Lets wait for October and then do what is necessary to get attention to our cases. We have to be informed and active with our process. Things will work out eventually but its important to stay on top of this process. There is a very fine line between being active and being to invovled and stressed about it. I know its tough to do but thats the only healthy way of going about it.

As for a prediction, I think it will be mid to late 02. I am hoping its early 03 though.

regards,

saras

Victim of INS......

I have done some reserch with some other guys, and I have talked with my company lawyers and they have told me that after sharing info. with AILA lawyers and USCIS insiders at the AILA Summer Conference, the most accurate prediction will be one or two months after the last PD.

WHY....

Because the system is so cloged that PD´s will move at snail pace from Jan05 on...... If the last PD was mid summer 02, it is a conservative estimation and not prediction that they will adjust PD´s to OCT02, 60 to 90 days after the last current PD.

Da_BorderKid ,you are very close.

I was very optimistic about late 02 and early 03 But now I also feel why in three month they will jump so far ? based on new labour clearance (backlog) and smail pace uscis ,there is no reason to be very optimistics (unless POJ do something miraculaous :D :D ) and hence 2-3 month advancement make some sense.

Da_BorderKid said:
I have done some reserch with some other guys, and I have talked with my company lawyers and they have told me that after sharing info. with AILA lawyers and USCIS insiders at the AILA Summer Conference, the most accurate prediction will be one or two months after the last PD.

WHY....

Because the system is so cloged that PD´s will move at snail pace from Jan05 on...... If the last PD was mid summer 02, it is a conservative estimation and not prediction that they will adjust PD´s to OCT02, 60 to 90 days after the last current PD.

yeah but think about it...DOS will have the complete quota of whatever 3000/month visas available in October 2005 which is probably a lot more than they had earlier this year when they established priority dates.

victim_of_INS said:
I was very optimistic about late 02 and early 03 But now I also feel why in three month they will jump so far ? based on new labour clearance (backlog) and smail pace uscis ,there is no reason to be very optimistics (unless POJ do something miraculaous :D :D ) and hence 2-3 month advancement make some sense.

how about eb3 other workers?

How about eb3 other workers category?
I am on that category any predictions?
Pls. help..

I am not sure how PD work. Mine is 09/2000 and I am still waiting..EB3 filed in July of 2002.

Da_BorderKid said:

WHY....

Guys, I am sooo confused of what is going on. I can't sleep trying to find a sensible answer to what happened after my interview. The man said I could have been approved that day but there was no more visa number. I don't understand. Does it mean they have to call me back to stamp my passport? i was so nervous and so confused that day that I did not ask any question. BY the way I am an EB3 case too.

dianagrace said:
Guys, I am sooo confused of what is going on. I can't sleep trying to find a sensible answer to what happened after my interview. The man said I could have been approved that day but there was no more visa number. I don't understand. Does it mean they have to call me back to stamp my passport? i was so nervous and so confused that day that I did not ask any question. BY the way I am an EB3 case too.

EB3 Visa Numbers - Good news

08/17/2005: October New Fiscal Year Visa Number Allocation and USCIS Preparation for Adjudication of EB-3 485 Applications

Early next month, September, DOS will release the October 2005 Visa Bulletin and people will see the impact of new fiscal year visa number allocation on EB-3 visa number availability. As the State Department has already predicted, EB-3 visa number may become current for world-wide, and even for China and India, some numbers may become available inasmuch as their priority dates are older than the new cut-off dates which the October 2005 Visa Bulletin will establish.
Report indicates that the Service Centers have been continuously processing EB-485 cases even though their visa numbers are currently unavailable and they cannot decide the cases. They are getting ready for October 1, 2005! No wonder why the EB-3 I-485 applicants have been receiving biometic appointment letters en masse lately. This is certainly not a bad news at all. ...

To read completely...goto www.immigration-law.com, breaking news.

dianagrace said:

I'm in the same boat as you are. Don't worry you are Approved(Verbal). They will call us back come Oct 1st. Based on our PD's.

Relax and Enjoy and keep counting days.