Eb3 Rest Of The World 2007

saras76 said:
techy2468,

Yes you may be right. In the same light, it may take 5-7 years.
What if there are lot of substitutions and a majority turn out to be from India.
You are absolutely right, they are from India
What if amnesty is passed and everyone is placed ahead of employment based.

I thought, I was the only one who was wondering about this.
cheers,

saras

You really hit the NAIL with the BIG HAMMER, no the HUGE HAMMER

andy

The 5% ...

techy2468 said:
lets not say guess estimation.......lets say educated estimation.....

we all know that labor sub goes on in a big way........since it is a way to make money and also it is a way to attract good talent(more money)......

we also know that mostly desi companies are doing it.....since they know the loopholes in the law and they are willing to go the extra step to make the money......

i do not think amnesty can be called as a guess estimation.....its not even in the first stage of becoming law....

yes, worst case scenario....it can be 5-7 years.......since i can safely say that eb3-india....has atleast 20-30k labor around 2001.......

if not for labor subs.....i dont think there are many people from 2001 still waiting for GC.......i can safely say that it must be less than 5% genuine (unfortunate folks) (95% gave gc in hand by now)and another 20% maybe labor sub cases...

techy,

You are right. All I can say is that it sucks for the 5% India EB3s with 2001 PDs that missed the boat in 2004 when GCs were being handed out in 6-9 months (me included) :) :) Its time to make the most of this situation by doing whats best without worrying about this mess.

cheers,

saras

"Sucks" is such an understatement

techy,

You are right. All I can say is that it sucks for the 5% India EB3s with 2001 PDs that missed the boat in 2004 when GCs were being handed out in 6-9 months (me included) :) :) Its time to make the most of this situation by doing whats best without worrying about this mess.

cheers,

saras

Saras,

Frankly, despite being civil and taking this huge mess in stride, one cannot argue that this inordinate delay, esp.for 2001 filers like us, has any basis in logic.

Yes, there are thousand other explanations out there, 245 (i) mess, too many indian H1-Bs, etc. etc, but why did the hammer have to fall on 2001 only, with not a single ray of hope in sight. If the morons increased H1-Bs for a few years, why did they not take into account limited GC numbers issued each year. In hindsight, this or that would have made sense.

I'm still trying to keep my sanity with this whole process, but every now so often it does bog you down. Imagine, if I had received my GC in 2005, when I was interviewed and the dates were current (the officer may have deliberately delayed it, who knows), I would have been eligible for citizenship (if I so chose) in another three years. Now, with the prospect of GC in 2008 or even 2009, it would not be until 2014 (GOSH) or even later before becoming eligible.

But I realize that americans are getting slammed from both sides. Foreigners taking jobs here and outsourcing of american jobs happening overseas. So, in futile desperation, they are doing these sinister things to slow down/keep out people from the US. New visa fees structure, retrogression, tougher scrutiny...if these are not intended to restrict immigration to the US, what is?

And yes, it is still my choice to suffer this painful delay and keep on waiting. I guess my patience has not yet run out, despite being a filer from late 2001.

Totally understandable ..

Saras,

Frankly, despite being civil and taking this huge mess in stride, one cannot argue that this inordinate delay, esp.for 2001 filers like us, has any basis in logic.

Yes, there are thousand other explanations out there, 245 (i) mess, too many indian H1-Bs, etc. etc, but why did the hammer have to fall on 2001 only, with not a single ray of hope in sight. If the morons increased H1-Bs for a few years, why did they not take into account limited GC numbers issued each year. In hindsight, this or that would have made sense.

I'm still trying to keep my sanity with this whole process, but every now so often it does bog you down. Imagine, if I had received my GC in 2005, when I was interviewed and the dates were current (the officer may have deliberately delayed it, who knows), I would have been eligible for citizenship (if I so chose) in another three years. Now, with the prospect of GC in 2008 or even 2009, it would not be until 2014 (GOSH) or even later before becoming eligible.

But I realize that americans are getting slammed from both sides. Foreigners taking jobs here and outsourcing of american jobs happening overseas. So, in futile desperation, they are doing these sinister things to slow down/keep out people from the US. New visa fees structure, retrogression, tougher scrutiny...if these are not intended to restrict immigration to the US, what is?

And yes, it is still my choice to suffer this painful delay and keep on waiting. I guess my patience has not yet run out, despite being a filer from late 2001.

GC_TRAP,

I totally understand your situation because I am/have been going through the same thing. A ex-colleague of mine with the same nationality, EB3 category, degree, experience, job and pay-grade applied for his GC the same day I did (our companies applied for both of us). He got his GC in Jan '05 and will be eligible for citizenship soon. My process on the other hand got screwed due to mistakes comitted by the USCIS (wrong transfer, lost files etc). As much as I try to not think about it, I do get frustrated at times. People stuck with PDs between May '01 and Dec '01 have been waiting for a long time (non substiution ones ofcourse) and there seems to be no end in sight. In the early part of this decade (2000-2004), the immigration process had run amuck. There was no accountability, no oversight, no thought. Every Service Center was working under their own interpretation of laws/memos. There was no regard for RD/ND and visas were being thrown around without any planning. It had to come to an end with drastic measures and it has. Unfortunately there was always going to be collateral damage and legitimate (non substitution) 2001 PDs are the collateral damage in this case. I guess in life one has to accept certain things as pure bad luck and try to work around them. That is the best we can do at this time. As for patience, I am beyond that point now. I try not to even think about when I might get the GC now. For the past 3 years I always had hope that I would get it at the end of the upcoming year, this year I have no expectations.

regards,

saras

Last edited by a moderator: