EB3 Relief + BEC cases = may be temporary relief

baby_mde

Registered Users (C)
What I feel is even if EB3 relief is passed it only the temporary relief and EB3 might be retrograded very soon. Because as BEC clearing pending labor cases they apply 140 and as 140 approved that PD shall be counted against GC visas.

Am I right? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thats right. But it will give an opportuninty to apply 485 for many people.
Ones the BEC starts clearing the backlogs for sure there will be tons of cases. But the thing is that it will give people some relief who is already applied and then went under retrogression.

Anyway I dont think this new bill is going to help tech workers. Its only for Nurses.

Also, if you follow the BEC threads, you see that they're not moving very fast. Not yet anyway.

I thought EB-3 relief is for everyone (not only for Nurse), is it not correct? thanks

As far as I think it may help EB3 (everyone) but when I saw the bill somewhere no indication there for any specific category other than nurses. So we shouldn't build any expectations until we see it on May 15th.

Logic

Yes it is for Nurses

But Think About THIS:-

IF JOHN ADAM MARK AND JACK ARE TO BE ALLOCATED VISA NUMBERS
AND ACCORDING TO PRIORITY DATE

JOHN 2002
ADAM 2003
MARK 2004
JACK 2005

AND THERE IS ONLY 1 VISA NUMBER PER QUARTER

AND IF JOHN AND JACK ARE NURSES

THEY GET IT RIGHT AWAY WITH THIS BILL
AFTER THAT THERE IS STILL 1 VISA NUMBER AVAILABLE FOR THIS CATEGORY

THAN ADAM WILL BE IN THIS QUARTER AND MARK WILL GET IT IN NEXT QUARTER

IF THE BILL WAS NOT PASSED MARK WOULD HAVE GOT IT AFTER 4 QUARTERS

CONSIDERING THIS THING IN CURRENT SITUATION SHOULD TECHNICALLY MAKE A HUGE MOVE IN PRIORITY DATES

srinireddydgl said:
Yes it is for Nurses

But Think About THIS:-

IF JOHN ADAM MARK AND JACK ARE TO BE ALLOCATED VISA NUMBERS
AND ACCORDING TO PRIORITY DATE

JOHN 2002
ADAM 2003
MARK 2004
JACK 2005

AND THERE IS ONLY 1 VISA NUMBER PER QUARTER

AND IF JOHN AND JACK ARE NURSES

THEY GET IT RIGHT AWAY WITH THIS BILL
AFTER THAT THERE IS STILL 1 VISA NUMBER AVAILABLE FOR THIS CATEGORY

THAN ADAM WILL BE IN THIS QUARTER AND MARK WILL GET IT IN NEXT QUARTER

IF THE BILL WAS NOT PASSED MARK WOULD HAVE GOT IT AFTER 4 QUARTERS

CONSIDERING THIS THING IN CURRENT SITUATION SHOULD TECHNICALLY MAKE A HUGE MOVE IN PRIORITY DATES

May be your logic is good for whose PD is beyond Jan/Feb 2004. But in reality this bill will not help any one whose cases are pending in EB3 with PD Before 2004. Because nurses there is no need of Labor, so they can file directly 140 and after that 485 or consular processing. Majority of the cases are Consular processing in the case of nurses. 140 used to approve in 2-3 months for them and majority of the cases which were filed till January 2004 were already got their Green cards as because they were consular cases(Usually it takes 6-8 months for the consular processing and you know they were current till Dec 31st 2004). So the pending cases since 2002/2003 are very, very less. The competition from these people with PD of 2002/2003 is negligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
how about this

Than in that case, its even better

Because

50000 ARE RESERVED FOR NURSES, THAT MEANS THAT ONLY NURSES CAN USE 50000 OUT OF THOSE 130000 WHATEVER THE TOTAL NUMBER WAS

NOW IF YOUR CLAIM IS RIGHT THAN THERE ARE NOT SUPPOSSED TO BE 130000 NURSES
THERE ARE LESS THAN THAT

MAXIMUM OF 50000 MEANS MAXIMUM OF 50000 ARE RESEAVED FOR NURSES
NOT THAT ONLY 50000 WILL BE USED FOR NURSES
REST WILL BE ALLOCATED TO OTHER EMPLOYMENT BASED CATEGORIES

WHERE IS THE WORD THAT IT WILL BE USED ONLY FOR NURSES???????????

Action Must

Guys,
I Think For All Of Us An Action Is Must To Let Congressman, Senators Know Nationwide

Let's Come Up With A Letter So That Everyone Will Put Efforts To Take Signatures Of Friends And Other People/consultants In Your Company, We Will Fax It To Mayors, Congressmans, Senators, Personally Meet Them, Ask Them To Request To Have These Visa Numbers Use For All Employment Categories

Some Of Us Dont Spare Time For This, Which Is Not Good

We All Should Act On It For Our Own Benefit

Lets Try To Be Little Proactive

I Am Calling Everyone To Come Up With Some Ideas About This Letter

I Am A Programmer, Not A Lawyer, So Have No Clue About What To Write

But We All Can Put Efforts And Together Can Do This

Let's Start It

Can Anyone Please Suggest How To Start

I Am Also Asking Help From United Nations, Ginnu, Who Are Experts In These Matters

Act Now To Make Your Future Better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nurses and schedule A occupations can actually double dip into the regular visa numbers available every quarter and also into the newly recaptured 50K numbers....State dept. will for sure try to exhaust the regular number before they dip into the 50K.

The new bill is meant only for Schedule A. The bill says to recapture only 50% of unused visa numbers and not all unused visas from '01-'04.(unlike last time when it recaptured all numbers from '99-'00). This has a limit of maximum 50000 also.

As one member pointed out, there may not be any Schedule A applicants(RN/PT) who have already started GC process are waiting for applying I485. Because, they don't need labor and they could file I140 and I485 together. So anybody(Schedule A) who simply started their process before Jan '05 might already have filed 485 too. They couldn't file new applications after Jan '05, and this new bill will help them to do that now.
Only good thing for general category is that any new Schedule A application will use the recaptured 50000 visas and that means more numbers for others.

MaineGuy said:
Only good thing for general category is that any new Schedule A application will use the recaptured 50000 visas and that means more numbers for others.

I can't agree with you completely Mainguy. Nobody knows how DOS is
going to allocate the visas. In the beginning of the year DOS may allocate
first to everyone and then when it exhaust they may allocate for nurses
from the 50%. Who knows? If they work as you said yes thats good for
techies. If they work as I said techs are screwed again. I dont know if they
have another strategies to allocate the visas. Wait and see!!
We are trying to make a movement on this. Please read the thread
"recaptureing visa.." in the same thread and help.
thx
babu

Babu, there may be a chance for that as you said...
but think, the Schedule don't have labor. so they apply I140 and I485 together. So when techies file labor, Schedule A needs to file only I140/I485 concurrently. Means, a nurse who just filed I140 on Dec 31st, '04 might have filed I485 on that day itself, before the backlog started. Nurses So the Schedule A who are waiting to file I485 are only the applicants who aren't started yet.

The EB3 visas for general quota will be purely based on priority date and there won't be any Nurses/PT with earlier priority date as they have already applied 485 before Jan'05(as they didin't have to wait for labor). So, if new nurses with recent priority date needs to apply 485, it must be given from the new 50000 visas. That makes more numbers for techies from general quota. Its just my opionion.

Last edited by a moderator:
That make sense MaineGuy. Also one more point when we think in that
angle is that, thoser nurse/pts who applied before Jan 2005 and retrogressed after that also will given from this 50,000 pool. That will give a better chance
for the techies who are waiting in the queue. Right?
The problem is that nobody knows the number of nurses/pts applying
and waiting in line. If so we could have guessed something better.

thx
babu.