EB3, priority date: Aug-2006, got I-485 interview on May-27-2008 at local office?

desigcq

Hi Friends,

Please throw some light on this.

Category: EB3
PERM Labor: Aug-2006 - approved
I-140: Applied on April-25-2007 – pending, case moved to local office in July-2007.
I-485: Applied on Aug-17-2007 – pending, case moved to local office(Fair fax, VA) in March-2008. Got I-485 interview from local office on April-8-2008, to attend on May-29-2008.

Please let me know, if any are on same boat. If you have attended the interview, please let me know what kind of questions they asked and why they are calling for interview?

The interview document doesn’t say any thing, other than list of documents needed.

Thanks/Desi

hello. where did you apply for you case. Was it CSC, NSC, or TSC. Also update on how your interveiw went. What country are you from. Did you get your gc yet. what category did you file under.

I attended the interview; there was a fire drill at USCIS office on that day. So, we had to wait out of more than an hour and they let every in. I was called after 45 minutes past my scheduled time. Interview was only 2 minutes, just told, the interview was a wrong call. Interview call was from my employer’s location local office not from my physical location local office. The IO told case will be transferred to processing center and if needed, there might be an interview at my local office.

IO was nice and asked, how I can help you?
1. I asked IO, is there any reason for interview?
IO, I don’t see any reason for interview, as it was filed very recently and PD are not current.
2. My I-140 is pending for very long time is there any reason and status of it?
The case status will be notified as per the proceedings.
3. Any date of further interview?
There may not be one.

I asked IO to add EVL to my documentation. Up to now I haven’t had any LUD.

Desi