EB3 Physical Therapist GC application support

Dev_recruit

Registered Users (C)
Hi Friends,
My wife is a Physical Therapist and she was on H4 till now and she completed her Masters in Physical Therapy in US, from NJ. She was a homeopath from India, though. Now my six years on H1 visa were getting over on 11th December, 2004, and the labor that my employer applied was not moving much.
We tried applying GC now through a physical Therapy employer in November and submitted papers on 19th November, 2004. Just few days before we were suppose to leave. Because of EB3 category we did not have to file for Labor and as she did her masters here, we directly submitted papers for 140, 485, EAD, and AP. now luckily we received the 485 and other receipts on 30th November, 2004, With receipt date of 26th Nov. and now on 9th November our EAD also got approved, and we received our EAD cards also in hand on 17th. So I did not have to stop working a single day and we can legally stay and wait for gc now. The EB3 category has saved our life.
Now we are just waiting for AP, and 140 to get cleared.
If anyone is in similar shape, please feel free to inquire me, My lawyer has really done a fast job, he is in NY. If you have questions regarding applications, then feel free to ask. Hope and wish everyone gets their GC fast. All the best to everyone, just wanted to share with you all as I was also one of the person writing questions on this site.
Regards,
Dev

Good to hear your Case

dev,
Please keep updating your case status. We are also in exactly saem situation and hoping our appln gets processed soon. We have applied on 12/27/2004 and waiting for receipts. How many days will they take to send a receipt?.
Thanks
neel

Applied for concurrent I140/485-No visa screening.

we are in the same boat...concurrently filed I140/I485 and I765...papers reached on dec 30th...the last day !! hope to get our RD/ND soon...in btw..Dev did your wife need Visa screening for applying? we took a chance and applied without visascreening and hoping to submit the certification in another two months (we are still awaiting for her TSE scores) before they send us a RFE...also...would they send the EAD first and then process the I140 & 485 or process all of them together and send us a RFE? we are worried about the RFE....anyone else in a similar situation? please share...

thank you....

Yes, we alo applied thru nebraska center on 23rd December without Visascreen. Still waiting for receipt number. Any idea how much time they will take to give receipt number and EAD?

TheGUY,
I dont think VISA screen is needed right now when you file the application.Those who have filled the appln now, their I485 will be pending till PD becomes current which might take 1-2 years, so i guess you will have ample time to process visa screen. Dont worry abt RFE, they are not going to process I485 soon.

Re

Hi,
I differ on this you need to file the h1b ,i140 , i485 with the Visa Screen according to the new rules but CIS will issue a RFE for your visa screen before they deny there is your chance to put it in.I would make sure you will get the visa screen in time for the RFE cause they give you i gueess 90days to respond .Try FCCPT they are VEry Quick and Efficent compared to CGFNS
to give Visa Screens turn around time is around 15days after application is complete.All the best.

R

hey dev,
i had also applied for my GC around same time as your wife thru my company lawyer for physical therapist. i had my fingerprinting done last week.my lawyer said that we can take an appointmnet and go collect the EAD card or i can work even though application is pending. i have temporray ead till feb 17th2005. what shud i do? wait and work sonce i can be working even though application is pending or shud i talk to my lawyer and go get it from closest INS office. thanks
Dev_recruit said:
Hi Friends,
My wife is a Physical Therapist and she was on H4 till now and she completed her Masters in Physical Therapy in US, from NJ. She was a homeopath from India, though. Now my six years on H1 visa were getting over on 11th December, 2004, and the labor that my employer applied was not moving much.
We tried applying GC now through a physical Therapy employer in November and submitted papers on 19th November, 2004. Just few days before we were suppose to leave. Because of EB3 category we did not have to file for Labor and as she did her masters here, we directly submitted papers for 140, 485, EAD, and AP. now luckily we received the 485 and other receipts on 30th November, 2004, With receipt date of 26th Nov. and now on 9th November our EAD also got approved, and we received our EAD cards also in hand on 17th. So I did not have to stop working a single day and we can legally stay and wait for gc now. The EB3 category has saved our life.
Now we are just waiting for AP, and 140 to get cleared.
If anyone is in similar shape, please feel free to inquire me, My lawyer has really done a fast job, he is in NY. If you have questions regarding applications, then feel free to ask. Hope and wish everyone gets their GC fast. All the best to everyone, just wanted to share with you all as I was also one of the person writing questions on this site.
Regards,
Dev

re

FYI INS has instructed in a recent memo they will not RFE i140 for Visa Screen
for Applicants whose I485 cannot get adjusted because thier countrys IV is regressed ( ie India China and Phillipines) that gives a lot of time to get your visa screen done at least till mid of 06.

more info of this Gc process

hi,
i am an occupational therapist. just passed my exams.how can i apply for GC. my husband is on H1B n i am on H4.
we have applied for Gc but its a long wait.
pls someone tell me how i get started for Gc.
niti

Hi
I wanna know if that means...we still get the EAD?

Yasmine said:
FYI INS has instructed in a recent memo they will not RFE i140 for Visa Screen
for Applicants whose I485 cannot get adjusted because thier countrys IV is regressed ( ie India China and Phillipines) that gives a lot of time to get your visa screen done at least till mid of 06.