EB3-Other Countries ONLY

1moreday said:
Just keeping the thread alive

Insider !

ESPN John Clayton is always good about "Insider" in sports ...Pretty much, whatever he brings, it would be breaking news. Let me share my " Insider" ...According to Insider ( Per my good lawyer. EB3 world will be moving to Jan 2002, he didn't mention the source) ....Remember this is just a "insider" ....

EB3 Worldwide
PD Jan 2002
everything approved except the big one ( 485)

eb3 world

perm approved feb 2006

applying for I-140
also have to apply 7th year H1b extension.

this .....cks.

Hi GC2005NYC,

My PD is also 11/01, Eb3 from india. Received 45 day letter from BEC last year in dec 2005. Replied that, and after that haven't heard anything.

Are you initiating any enquiry or is there any way to check/expedite the process? like any calls/faxes to senator.

Regards,

eb3
1st PD Aug 2001, remanded to state, somewhere in BEC now
2nd PERM Jun 2005, approved Aug 2005, i-140 Approved Mar 2006

Still waiting ....

EB3 - other countries. PD is 11/2001 and my I-485 RD is 12/2004.

So, even though I am stuck behind retrogression, I gave the friendly folks at VSC a "what's up" call about a month ago since their I-485 processing date was 2/15/05 back then. The rep that I spoke to mentioned that she was starting an inquiry and I should be hearing from them within the next two weeks.

Obviously, still no news yet and hoping the retrogression date moves past 5/1/01 when the May visa bulletin comes around. Ironically, 5/1/01 means 5 years. Had I gone to Australia or Canada, I would be a citizen by now. :mad:

I feel for you brother

moved01 said:
EB3 - other countries. PD is 11/2001 and my I-485 RD is 12/2004.

So, even though I am stuck behind retrogression, I gave the friendly folks at VSC a "what's up" call about a month ago since their I-485 processing date was 2/15/05 back then. The rep that I spoke to mentioned that she was starting an inquiry and I should be hearing from them within the next two weeks.

Obviously, still no news yet and hoping the retrogression date moves past 5/1/01 when the May visa bulletin comes around. Ironically, 5/1/01 means 5 years. Had I gone to Australia or Canada, I would be a citizen by now. :mad:
That's what I say...What if I've gone to Australia or Canada...I'm in the same boat as you...later

manaka said:
Insider !

ESPN John Clayton is always good about "Insider" in sports ...Pretty much, whatever he brings, it would be breaking news. Let me share my " Insider" ...According to Insider ( Per my good lawyer. EB3 world will be moving to Jan 2002, he didn't mention the source) ....Remember this is just a "insider" ....

EB3 Worldwide
PD Jan 2002
everything approved except the big one ( 485)

Well, looking at May visa bulletin, it seems you can go ahead and fire your lawyer :) But on a serious note, can you ask your lawyer to ask that "insider" why dates haven't moved and what to expect in the future. But, anyway, whoever that insider is he clearly lost any credibility :)

Sad day today, really sad. I am starting to think USCIS is just waiting for 245 cases and keeping the priority dates at May 1st for that sole reason. I refuse to believe the visa demand is currently so strong in that time period, given the fact that BECs haven't even started bulk-approving the cases yet. So, most likely, USCIS is keeping the dates there to avoid having to retrogress the dates again later on when BECs start pumping those 245 cases. If true, it's really bad news for us meaning we'd have to wait for all 245 cases to be approved before they look at our cases.

I got I-140 approved. Can I apply for I-485/EAD/AP? or Do I need to wait until my priority date is current?

Thanks

Need to wait until PD is current

sokece said:
I got I-140 approved. Can I apply for I-485/EAD/AP? or Do I need to wait until my priority date is current?

Thanks

If I recall correctly, you need to wait until the priority dates becomes current for your catogery to apply for your I-485/AP/EAD.

You'll have to keep renewing your H1 in the mean time.

Yes you need to wait until your PD gets current and with the recent progression and news from DOL and DOS I would say it will get 2-3 years to get your PD current. If the bill get passed that would be really good for all of us.
I dont see any hope or any light at the end of the tunnel.

Good Luck to all.

moved01 said:
If I recall correctly, you need to wait until the priority dates becomes current for your catogery to apply for your I-485/AP/EAD.

You'll have to keep renewing your H1 in the mean time.

This is bad news..... for all of us.
Is there another way to get the GC faster. Do I need to apply for EB2? If I apply PERM LC, will it conflict with my current case? Thanks.