EB3 or EB2....?

sweetlady

Hi,

I have a question.Though it is not related to I-485,in view of getting a fast response I am posting a question here.My friend is about to file labor.He had a bachelors degree with 5+years of exp.But the employer is not agreeing to file his case under EB2 saying that salary should be 9OK.Is this correct?Please respond...

Thanks
GCMASTER

I hope your Bengali Poet is not a Sugar Patient with Heart Disease...Just Kidding

My company...

My friend who applied in EB2 (Master) received less salary than the other who applied EB3 (Bachelor) because their job functions and job title are different.

5 + yrs is good enough

A 4 year Bachelor degree + 5 years experience in the field is good enough as per rule but if this 5 yrs experience is in the borderline, Then its better to try EB3. You should have documented proof to show that you were working for more than 5ears(5*12 months). I had more than five years experience but according to my lawyers advice went for EB3 because of lack of proper certificates to proove that.Now anyway both the categories are current. so did not make any difference in my case. But that may not be the case after this year.
Good luck.
forgot to add that since the dates are current in my case it was almost like your famous poet said :)

No Title

What you have described here is all secondary. The most prominent factor which determines the category is the Job Description, technically. Once a candidate match the job description, then only MS and/or 5+ yrs of relavant experience and the rest of it comes into play.

yes you can

As long you can prove you had 5 yrs of progressive experience......note: progressive is very important....if you can show experience letters with progressive growth,go for EB2 otherwise do EB2 and EB3 simultaneously........

The position must REQUIRE a BS+5 or an MS for an EB-2 to be appropriate!!!

If one person in the company has that job title and does not have a BS+5 or a MS there is no way that the company can truthfully say that these are the minimum requirements.

Reveiw the website I have linked to in my post below.

Jim