EB3: ND=02/16/00: Case with Officer

jpol

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks -

I spoke with a VSC IIO today and she told me that my case is assigned to an officer but a decision has not been made. My PD is not current yet.

Questions:

1. What does it take to make a decision?
2. Gurus, any ideas on movement of PD?

Here are my details:

PD = 12/22/98
RD = 02/09/00
ND = 02/16/00
FP = 03/20/01
Country = India
Category = EB3
Center = VSC
AD = Waiting

No Title

Hi JPol, my details are pretty close to yours, except that my PD will be current next month...my details,

EB3, PD 6/22/98, Rd 2/10/00, ND 2/16/00, FP 3/3/01 (SCHD 3/27/01)...

Good luck to you..

No Title

My details are same as you guys and I got approval on 4/24/01. Good Luck guys, Probably just go an check ur AVM it must be approved.

No Title

Hi jpol - my details too are very simlar to yours.. my PD is in September and Nd is in Feb.. I guess they are looking to
see if your case requires any RFE etc.. if so they will issue it now, process your response to RFE and keep it aside until
your PD is current (which I think will be by next month- June).. and then approve it. I did not call a IIO yet.. I\'m scared
that I would get a RFE :-( anyway - I think we are not more than 2 months to our deadline in this race.. hold on and best of
luck! lets keep each other posted..
Thanks!

No Title

yes i\'ll let you know the developments .. and do keep me posted metoo.
if PDs move significantly again, then i am sure you would get your approval.

the reason i am not sure is because my date is 12/22/98 and the cut-off may be 12/01/98 in which case i\'ll have to wait another month!

No Title

Hi guys, me again. My details are PD:7/97,RD:02/08/00,ND:02/26/00,EB3,INDIA, EAC:00-099-******. I am telling you guys you are almost there.

No Title

Thanks buddy, my EAC - 00-099-5XXXX, hopefully we all will hear something soon. I was a little disappointed of late as we are not seeing that many EB3 approvals, but your approval revives the hope again...

No Title

Hi All: I was just wondering as I was reading the messages on this thread... how could your case be adjuncated when your PD is not current?

That is pretty much next to impossible, specially considering all the emails that I have read on this topic and also keeping in mind that there are so many folks whose PD\'s are current but the decision has still not come.

No Title

Case can be processed and kept on hold until PD becomes current. I\'ve seen many cases like that on this board. Some of them even got RFE\'s before their PD\'s are current.

No Title

Hi
  My Details are like JPOL. EB3 is catg
  PD Jan 99 / ND Oct 99 / FP Mar \'01 Did not called IIO. Hoping to get approval next month.

Kannan Ramanathan

No Title

I am getting confused here....My details are EB3,VSC,PD-04/04/98,ND-11/16/99,FP-03/20/01,EAC*38*. Just recently I spoke with IIO. She said that they approving cases of OCT97. And it will take around 6 months for me to get approved. (I posted this info as soon as I spoke with IIO. Even Bhanu replied..) Bottomline I dont think if youre PD is not current they wont approve. Thats my understanding. If you see the details of slimshady, his PD is current. Anyway good luck. We are almost there...

No Title

I called and spoke to an IIO today, very nice lady and my guess was correct. Application CANNOT be approved unless and until a visa number is available, which means your PD is current. I then went on to ask her if it is true that INS could process a case and hold it till the PD becomes current. She said that depends on the officer. They pull out cases based on ND/RD (I was confused here), then check if PD is current. 99% of officers will put the case back if it is not. Just 1% may actually review and process to completetion.

No Title

Well the 1% estimate could be questionable since we are seeing a lot of RFE\'s even if the PD is not current.