EB3 mess

programmer76

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My company has filed my greencard petition through their lawyer in EB3 category Priority date March 2003. I already have labor and I140 approved before 2 years and now waiting to get I485 approved. Because of the mess in EB3 category in India I'm thinking about refiling my GC again with the same company in EB2 category and carry my old priority date.I'm interested in pursuing this ahead with your firm.Here are my questions.

(1) first questions is whether we will be able to carry my old priority date of march 2003 successfully in this new EB2 case? If we can't carry the old priority dates then it won't be worth for me to do this whole process.

(2) If by any chance my EB2 labor/I140/485 is rejected then does it effect my pending EB3 application?

(3) Let's assume that my EB2 labor and I140 is approved. Then Do I have to file another I485 or I just need to update the priority date in my pending EB3 I485?

(4) If the answer to third questions is YES then when I file new EB2 I485 then does my EB3 I485 becomes void? Or i can file two adjustments of status at the same time?

(5) i'm fed of my company's current lawyer who filed my EB3 GC. Will it be advisable to be with them only because i'm filing GC with the same company in a different category and may need documents from them or I can change the lawyer?

Thanks

How are you converting EB3 TO EB2 with the same company?Is it regarding the education or experience.

Hi, I am also on the same situation as OP. I have B.E with 15 years of exp. My company and lawyer made me to do EB3. Now my employer is ok with me filing under EB2 with the change in my job title and responsibilities. But they keep saying this will raise a red flag on audit. Is this true? Can I get the filing done with the change in job role?

Thanks!

How are you converting EB3 TO EB2 with the same company?Is it regarding the education or experience.

Same situation - my lawyer said that it can be done, but it does raise a red flag sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't. Depends on the case.

I decided not to do it for now, as I have early 2005 E3 ROW and I have the feeling that it might be current in a few months.

hi

gurus please reply to my questions.My company has filed my greencard petition through their lawyer in EB3 category Priority date March 2003. I already have labor and I140 approved before 2 years and now waiting to get I485 approved. Because of the mess in EB3 category in India I'm thinking about refiling my GC again with the same company in EB2 category and carry my old priority date.I'm interested in pursuing this ahead with your firm.Here are my questions. I've masters degree in computer science and more than 5 years work experience with other companies and 3 years with this company who has applied my GC. (total experience 8 years in usa)

1) first questions is whether we will be able to carry my old priority date of march 2003 successfully in this new EB2 case? If we can't carry the old priority dates then it won't be worth for me to do this whole process.

(2) If by any chance my EB2 labor/I140/485 is rejected then does it effect my pending EB3 application?

(3) Let's assume that my EB2 labor and I140 is approved. Then Do I have to file another I485 or I just need to update the priority date in my pending EB3 I485?

(4) If the answer to third questions is YES then when I file new EB2 I485 then does my EB3 I485 becomes void? Or i can file two adjustments of status at the same time?

(5) i'm fed of my company's current lawyer who filed my EB3 GC. Will it be advisable to be with them only because i'm filing GC with the same company in a different category and may need documents from them or I can change the lawyer?

Last edited by a moderator: