EB3-India Predictions

maxwellhouse

Registered Users (C)
I am not being pessimistic, but the whole 485 approval thing for eb3-India doesnt sound too optimistic also for PD2004 and RD2004 like me. I have missed the approval boat 3 times now when dates were current. And after each time I have missed the boat, the wait for dates has taken atleast another 1-2 years.

I am afraid timelines like mine might only get approvals sometime end of 2008 or early 2009 and that too if we are very lucky. The worst case scenario is maybe we have to wait for about 3-5 more years. Yes I am not exaggerating. Think about all the 800,000 485s filed in Jun/jul/Aug. I am thinking atleast 400,000 of them have PDs similar to mine which is 2003/2004/2005. And about 200,000 of these files may get ahead of people like me. And considering the # of visas allocated each year to EB3-India I am thinking this is something that is not going to happen soon.

Any thoughts.

You are just analyzing the situation without providing any detail about your case. I think you should not expect any opinion on your post which lacks any concrete infromation about your situation or case.

I am not being pessimistic, but the whole 485 approval thing for eb3-India doesnt sound too optimistic also for PD2004 and RD2004 like me. I have missed the approval boat 3 times now when dates were current. And after each time I have missed the boat, the wait for dates has taken atleast another 1-2 years.

I am afraid timelines like mine might only get approvals sometime end of 2008 or early 2009 and that too if we are very lucky. The worst case scenario is maybe we have to wait for about 3-5 more years. Yes I am not exaggerating. Think about all the 800,000 485s filed in Jun/jul/Aug. I am thinking atleast 400,000 of them have PDs similar to mine which is 2003/2004/2005. And about 200,000 of these files may get ahead of people like me. And considering the # of visas allocated each year to EB3-India I am thinking this is something that is not going to happen soon.

Any thoughts.

simple example for India.

Out of these 800,000 applicants, lets say 40% is India which is 320,000 applications, out of which lets assume 80,000 for PD 2003/2004/2005/2006

assuming 10,000 visas for India, the waiting time is
~8 years - 2003
~16 years - 2004
~24 years - 2005
~32 years - 2006

you also have to consider labor substitution cases as the gates were open in june/july/aug 07

you also need to consider 2001 and 2002 Pds in the pool of 800,000 applicants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Billion Dollar Babies

I-485 filed: 800,000

Attorneys Fees: 800000 * $2000.00(per case) = $1600,000,000 ($1.6 Billion Dollars)

Medical Fees: 800000 * $2000.00(per case) = $1600,000,000 ($1.6 Billion Dollars)

USCIS Fees: 800000 * $2000.00(per case) = $1600,000,000 ($1.6 Billion Dollars)

Total around 4 billion dollar business happened, no wonder why some organizations fought so hard in June/July

damn its very scary, dont want to think about when eb3-india with pd 2004 will get a visa allocated.

I am sure 3-5 years more. so by the end of my 8th or 10th ead and advance parole i might have a green card. forget citizenship.

welcome to the land of milk and honey which welcomes legal immigrants who pay taxes and spend an average of 10,000$ per gc and gives them gc in 10 years time and also the same USA gives illegal aliens work permits and possible citizenship rights in the blink of an eye. irony of ironies

USA will lose its credibility if it makes a law abiding taxpayer immigrant to wait for gc (employment based) for 10 years and to get citizenship 15 years (10 for gc + 5)

I feel like packing my bags and going back to India.

for 10 damn years you cant start a business, you think 100,000 times b4 you buy a house

this is becoming an exercise in futility

Yep people are working extra hours to make us feel miserable as soon as possible. They have proactive in putting out the visa bulletin 10 days in advance.

Dude it came last Friday, the 5th October:p
You saw it today??:D

Zinchak,

Based on the few recent approvals, you should have got your approval by october frist week. Your LUD's show it.

Who knows we all would have got stuck in 'USCIS INTERNAL CHECKS".

Internal Checks --> Those dusty old files not touched by anyone and hidden in some internal rooms/shelfs.

When USCIS clean up their internal rooms/shelfs,
Summer 2007 (No),
Fall 2007(No)
at least Spring 2008 --> No idea.

I hope my file was not assigned to an officer who is allergic to dust and never opens it.

Yep people are working extra hours to make us feel miserable as soon as possible. They have proactive in putting out the visa bulletin 10 days in advance.

They have been trying to tell us for a while now,
They don't want highly paid workers taking their jobs even though they are LEGAl instead they want the low paying cleaner workers even though they are ILLEGAL.

But they are forgetting the fundamentals of this country which is build on IMMIGRATION that is ironic.

hey openarms tell me more about your ombudsman experience,i have already put in a request and I received a letter last week saying they have initiated a formal inquiry into my case with USCIS.

Did you recieve the same letter and also the letter states that I should get a response from USCIS in 45 days and if not I should contact the ombudsman office again.

What experience did you have, can you please detail

From the last 2 months everyday I was thinking to be my day never happened, let's see when that day comes. Though if I come to think about it there are many who have been waiting for a long time to so I am trying to consol myself. Aayega Aayega Aayega, Aayega GC apna, Aayega....

:D:D:D

Zinchak,

Based on the few recent approvals, you should have got your approval by october frist week. Your LUD's show it.

Internal Checks --> Those dusty old files not touched by anyone and hidden in some internal rooms/shelfs.

Summer 2007 (No),
Fall 2007(No)

I hope my file was not assigned to an officer who is allergic to dust and never opens it.

Here is my thougt guys : We can definitely hope to clear backlog for PD 2001/2002 and 2003 in the last fiscal of 2008 (July-Sep-08). My prediction is based on the fact that after 3rd quarter of 2001, there was a slackness in GC filing in part of employees/employers, and the process restarted taking speed in the end of 2002. Also, only the slow LC approval area (NJ/NY/CA...) candidates were left to get the GC. And even from the backlog, USCIS was randomly issuing GC. Even in last fiscal of 2007 India EB3 got GC for 2004PD, provided it was filed in/up-to 2004 December.

PD: May 2003
I-140 AD: Nov 2006
I-485 RD: JUN 2007
FP1: 1st Aug 2007,
LUD: 2nd Aug 2007 (After FP1 No LUD after that)
(Spouse and kid same as above)

Zinchak,

Internal Checks --> Those dusty old files not touched by anyone and hidden in some internal rooms/shelfs. THEY HAVE DUG A SPECIAL CAVE FOR THIS :) ESPECIALLY FOR PEOPLE LIKE US.
Summer 2007 (No),
Fall 2007(No)

I hope my file was not assigned to an officer who is allergic to dust and never opens it SEEMS MORE LIKE IT

JUST KIDDING, PL DONT MIND. NOTHING ELSE ONE CAN DO BUT WAIT AND SURF THIS FORUM

Yes

I got same response from Ombudsman.

hey openarms tell me more about your ombudsman experience,i have already put in a request and I received a letter last week saying they have initiated a formal inquiry into my case with USCIS.

Did you recieve the same letter and also the letter states that I should get a response from USCIS in 45 days and if not I should contact the ombudsman office again.

What experience did you have, can you please detail