EB3 India: How long till PD 1/1/02

texancanadian

Registered Users (C)
OK, Taking a very narrow view. Want to focus only on EB3 INDIA the most retrogressed of EB Categories.

How long do you think it will take for PD to get to 1/1/02.

My guess : minimum 3 yrs

texancanadian said:
OK, Taking a very narrow view. Want to focus only on EB3 INDIA the most retrogressed of EB Categories.

Tell me tell all of us that you are joking

I expect 4 years

texancanadian said:

I expect to take 4 years :mad:

Only 4 months.

Yes, I am 99.9% positive.

It will only take 4 months to reach Jan 2002 for EB3 India.

Reason :

The deadline to file for 245i cases were April 30, 2001. After that the DOL was not accepting any cases for 245i and the filer were also not allowed to file for 245i cases.

When the illegals files under 245i protection to obtain GC, it tooks around 2 years to get their Labor approved, i.e. 2002 and 2003 their final labors came out of DOL, then they had filed for i765 and I485.

Most of the cases have been rejected by the DOL for insufficient pay or sponsors issues, which were also allowed to file again under the grandfather law of 245i, which the person whose labor were rejected under any circumstances have filed a new labour some time around 2002 and 2003.

Under the law, their cannot keep their priority date of 2001, because i140 has been denied or their labor was denied.

Hence, folks, not to worry about EB3 India, in the next quota, believe me the priority date will jump to May 2001, and by Dec 2006, the priority date will be Jan 2002.

I am not Ajmeri Baba or Peer Syed Saheb, this is a logic and common sense I have used, just relex have fun, we are still happy that we are enjoying ED facilities, think of those people who are still waiting to file their i485.

God is Great.

Dude,
Most of the 245 i cases were Regular (not RIR). Most of them are still rotting in the BEC since 2001 though it does look like BEC's are now getting their act together, Many of the 245i's havenbt even been advertised.

Believe me I would be the happiest person in the world if EB3 India gets to 1/1/02 in 4 months since my PD is August 9th 01, but I think thats a pipe dream though "AAPKE MOOH ME GHEE SHAKKAR" :)

Multiple applications

texancanadian said:
Dude,
Most of the 245 i cases were Regular (not RIR). Most of them are still rotting in the BEC since 2001 though it does look like BEC's are now getting their act together, Many of the 245i's havenbt even been advertised.

Believe me I would be the happiest person in the world if EB3 India gets to 1/1/02 in 4 months since my PD is August 9th 01, but I think thats a pipe dream though "AAPKE MOOH ME GHEE SHAKKAR" :)

Please also note that many has multiple applications for Labor and I-140. Some of my friends has both EB3 and EB2 and ready to swap the dates when they are ready to file I-485. I hope USCIS does not take these in to consideration as well. [Counting their depends will further skew the number of pending applications resulting in further backlog as well.] :mad:

texancanadian said:
Dude,

Most of the 245i cases are not from India. But that does affect India because there will be no overflow numbers available from Worldwide category to India.

Hope its true.

Hope its true what mumbai123 and GreenCardVirus has said.

Wonder if there is any official report from DOL or USCIS, about how many cases are filled in what categories/country of origin. Anyone?

GreenCardVirus said:
Most of the 245i cases are not from India. But that does affect India because there will be no overflow numbers available from Worldwide category to India.

texancanadian said:
Dude,

No telling ...

texancanadian said:

texancandian,

I don't think anyone can give you a good estimate of when your PD will become current. In a system where the supreme authority (DOS) itself bases decisions on future forecasts and guesstimates, how can one guess the dates? It is simply not possible.

Last year the dates for EB3 India were retrogressed to 1998 and then quickly pulled back up to 2001. There was no logic behind that. Now the dates seem to be stuck in April 01 and there is a possibility of them getting stalled there but we cannot be certain about this.

I think its a better idea to convince ourselves that we will not get the GC in the near term (1-2 years). Most decisions should be made with that mindset. Thats the only way to deal with this situation.

regards,

saras

This article makes head spinning faster

There were about 247,406 by 04/30/2001,

What we dont know is
- how many are approved,
- how many willl be approved in next fiscal year
- how many are per country/category
- how many are legible.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/PwCFinalReport.cfm

16 SWA figures are from Permanent Program Semi-Annual Report FY 2001 (1st Period) ETA Division of Foreign Labor Certification, Washington D.C., 2001.

17 By the close of the 245(i) provision 4/30/2001, the SWAs updated their 245(i) estimates to 247,406. This report uses the 235,662 figure to maintain consistency with the other caseload figures

I agree with MUmbai123. After 245 filings, NY labor Processing date was stuck at April 2001, for many years, but moved to October, 2001, before DOL moved the cases to backlog centers. I don't know about atlanta center. But, it should mean, that all 245 cases were processed atleast in NY.

just browsing thru the report it is very clear how these 245i cases screwed us, can anyone bring this to maintstraim media attention

hkhr said:
There were about 247,406 by 04/30/2001,

What we dont know is
- how many are approved,
- how many willl be approved in next fiscal year
- how many are per country/category
- how many are legible.

http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/PwCFinalReport.cfm

16 SWA figures are from Permanent Program Semi-Annual Report FY 2001 (1st Period) ETA Division of Foreign Labor Certification, Washington D.C., 2001.

17 By the close of the 245(i) provision 4/30/2001, the SWAs updated their 245(i) estimates to 247,406. This report uses the 235,662 figure to maintain consistency with the other caseload figures