EB3 India - Democrats win on Nov 7

ufo2002 said:
Sorry to be the grinch on this issue about Dems vs Reps, but I don't think either party are doing a good job regarding Green Card immigration. If you look at the track records of both parties, they pretty much only focus on either pro-illegal bills or increasing H1Bs.... but they have never passed one bill that directly helps GC immigration (look at the mess in family based) and the soon to become an even bigger mess employer based.

The irony is that if Dems take control of both Houses, I think I will just go ahead and find another job. My driver ID is authentic, doesn't say I am on H1B, and my credit reports also show good history with no immigration status. So how will employers be able to tell if I am illegal or not?

Wont emeployers ask to fill in I-9 form? Wont they ask for citizenship info or passport or stuff like that?

1. Clinton administration passed the amnesty bill causing retrogression.
2. Dems signed the H1 bill allowing 195,000 per year for 3 full years at a time when citizens themselves were finding it hard to get a job. Who can forget the 2001-2003 IT job market because companies could bring in H1s at will. I am not saying anything against H1s here but too many of these just kills the job market. If we observe closely it is only after regulating H1 numbers to a meaningful level did the job IT market came backup.
3. In the same bill Dems passed the law to extend H1 beyond 6 years. After this companies have started to abuse H1 by delaying the filing of greencard uptill the beginning of sixth year. I know many companies who prefer fulltime H1s so that they can use them on H1 for 10 years.

In retrospection, I did not find anything that worked out good in the long term. I find lot of similarities between communists and Dems in that both do anything for votes.

Guldukan,

One detail that we should not overlook:
In my view, even if Democrats take control of the Senate, that won't change things much, because the giant amnesty bills are known to pass easily in the Senate as is anyway. Therefore no new event for us there if Dems win in the Senate.

Now from what I see, if Dems win the House, what is more unlikely, again it may not necessarily change much. Why ? Well, from what I hear on talk radio shows, it seems this is going to be a very close race. If Dems win by 2 or 3 seats and barely take "control" of the House, then they probably will have a hell of time and struggle to fight and gain votes necessary to pass major bills. It seems that the amnesty bill CIR was rejected by the majority of lawmakers in the House, including Democrats there. As an America friend said, most likely the "Rinos" will do the "Dinos" what the "Dinos have done to the "Rinos". That means, the Republicans may attempt to make life miserable to Democrats and stall controversial bills there.

If 12-20 million of illegal aliens get amnesty, I predict that they would have to implement a system to deal with those cases, it probably would take a 6 - 12 months to do so. A tremendous pressure to extend the red carpet to the illegal aliens as soon as possible may follow though. I just pray that many in this forum get their cases approved prior to that date, otherwise our poor category of skilled professionals may well be left in the dark again overhelmed by the 12-20 million cases of illegal aliens. If Democrats are successful sneaki in bills such as the Dream Act through, so then we may be screwed further, because that would indirectly grant amnesty to millions of people.

Remember this, Democrats care for illegal aliens, not us. That is a fact.

guldukan said:
for sake of discussion let's assume Dems win and they ignore SKILL and pass pro illegal bill, which means our dear usics will be burried with 12 million applications, what will they do with pending legal applications which runns in 100-200k?

if this happens I hope they flush out in one stroke and give GCs to all of us wishfull thinking :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Saras, if you go to USCongress.org, notice there how many letters written by citizens regarding immigration have been flowing in the last 2 years. Look at newspapers talking about immigration all the time. That trend has surfaced in the last 2 years. The illegal immigration issue is real because it had the power to overwhelm schools and are shut down some hospitals. I think that is a real issue that has surfaced in the last 2 years simply because numbers of people crossing the borders have increased to a point where it is very noticeable. Politicians do not want to deal with that, but I see that the people really have pressed the issue.

It is true that the Employment Base case is irrelevant though. We are no news at all.

saras76 said:
Guys and Gals,

As important as the immigration issue is for us, it is just a drop in the ocean of US politics. Much was made of it this year because of the upcoming elections. I do not see any immediate priority being placed on an immigration bill regardless of the party that comes to power. We will just have to wait and see what happens post November. The other issue is that there is no perfect bill out there. Every proposed bill comes with its own set of problems. Right now there are clearly four sets of applicants within the EB3 category -

1. Badly retrogressed EB3 applicants from Mexico and India with PDs in 2001 who will be happy with any sort of relief, even if it means that the dates move by 3-4 months.

2. The middle portion of the badly retrogressed EB3 categories consisting of people with PDs in '03, '04 and 05. These guys will be happy with a SKIL bill that will have a substantial impact on the dates.

3. The last portion from India and Mexico with relatively newer PDs who are unable to file would be happy with any bill that lets them atleast file their 485s.

4. The rest of the EB3 categories are also suffering but they are moving so people in this category will be okay if the dates keep moving. They are probably more concerned with the movement than some bill.

Everytime a new law has been enacted certain parts of the EB process have been fixed at the cost of other parts. Even with a pro-immigration bill post election it will all depend on the part of EB we are in. No bill can solve all our problems.

regards,

saras

marlon2006 said:
Guldukan,

One detail that we should not overlook:
In my view, even if Democrats take control of the Senate, that won't change things much, because the giant amnesty bills are known to pass easily in the Senate as is anyway. Therefore no new event for us there if Dems win in the Senate.

Remember this, Democrats care for illegal aliens, not us. That is a fact.

dude I don't think politicians care for anyone but themselves, this election is only staging area for next 2008 presedential elections

both Dems and Reps are fighting for hispanic vote and Reps have uphill battle as they also need to preserve their conservative base.

so far only Dems are they guys who are backing CIR (atleast they are not calling amensty), those who are opposing CIR mostly from neo-con conservatives who are expected to lose some of their base (at least I wish).

so there is good chance for CIR to pass in democratic majority house, we might get a pig back ride along with them

so I am more hopefull if democrats win

No, no. My nickname is "Marlon", not "dude".:)

Don't get me wrong. By "care" I meant, Democrats would favor for illegal aliens just because that is convenient for them since they believe that mass would be converted into future votes. That's all. However, if you really, really believe that all or 99% of US politicians care for themselves, then I sincerely recommend that you should move back to India or where you came from. You are wasting your time here. I agree that this congress has been said to be the most corrupt in the history of the US. Sen. Reid, Sen. Pelosi and others -including Republicans of course - have millions of dollars, apparently coming from lobbysts. However, I still believe that there are some ideologists left in the House. Not all of them, but some left. Remember that doesn't mean that I think the Republicans care for ourselves either.

Regarding your vision on CIR, I think you are misinformed;that is real amnesty. It is not a matter of calling it amnesty, it really is. Regarding who is going to take a hit or not, just follow the race and you will see it. Public opinions consistently shows that the public is against immigration, both legal and illegal. Therefore your desire to see anti amnesty/CIR senators losing base seems to be a wishful thinking at this time. I may be wrong in everything I said, but just watch.

Thanks,

Marlon

guldukan said:
dude I don't think politicians care for anyone but themselves, this election is only staging area for next 2008 presedential elections

both Dems and Reps are fighting for hispanic vote and Reps have uphill battle as they also need to preserve their conservative base.

so far only Dems are they guys who are backing CIR (atleast they are not calling amensty), those who are opposing CIR mostly from neo-con conservatives who are expected to lose some of their base (at least I wish).

so there is good chance for CIR to pass in democratic majority house, we might get a pig back ride along with them

so I am more hopefull if democrats win

marlon2006 said:
No, no. My nickname is "Marlon", not "dude".:)

Don't get me wrong. By "care" I meant, Democrats would favor for illegal aliens just because that is convenient for them since they believe that mass would be converted into future votes. That's all. However, if you really, really believe that all or 99% of US politicians care for themselves, then I sincerely recommend that you should move back to India or where you came from. You are wasting your time here. I agree that this congress has been said to be the most corrupt in the history of the US. Sen. Reid, Sen. Pelosi and others -including Republicans of course - have millions of dollars, apparently coming from lobbysts. However, I still believe that there are some ideologists left in the House. Not all of them, but some left. Remember that doesn't mean that I think the Republicans care for ourselves either.

Regarding your vision on CIR, I think you are misinformed;that is real amnesty. It is not a matter of calling it amnesty, it really is. Regarding who is going to take a hit or not, just follow the race and you will see it. Public opinions consistently shows that the public is against immigration, both legal and illegal. Therefore your desire to see anti amnesty/CIR senators losing base seems to be a wishful thinking at this time. I may be wrong in everything I said, but just watch.

Thanks,

Marlon
well said marlon. I agree with you, I feel we indians just don't think of an alternative plan apart from waiting on the greencard and pray that our problems are solved through immigration reforms. Who cares about reforms when companies have learnt to get the work done through outsourcing. If we see the reality only Indians very badly effected. People from Mexico and China can handle. What is the obligation for the US lawmakers to help Indians immigration. If we need, try to make money without loosing health and thats it. The day we see that our survival comes at the expense of health, career and happyness, just call it a day.