EB3 I485 Interview

FroggyWill

Hello

I had my interview yesterday. The officer said everything was in order but there are no Visa number available.

My PD is April 2001. What kind of time frame am I looking at?

Will they remember me or is it a "luck" game now?

Also will I receive a letter approving the I485 or do they need a number before they can actually approve it?

txs

My PD is Mar 2001. The officer cannot do anything, EB3 does not hav enumbers. Hopefully when they are current, lets hope they atleast start from teh previous levels or do not regress from that or you get approved with that time.. yep well basically a luck game.

Atleast you ar eo.k your name check is cleared.

Do they call for another interview when the visa numbers become
current?
Or they just send the approval notice?
I have been waiting for the priority date to become current
after I had interview 8 months back
Does any one know if the files will be sent back to the service
center or storage or something after being at the
district office where the interview was held?

I'am in the same situation, I had my interview done on Feb-24-2005 and at that time EB-3 was retrogressed and my priority date is June-03-2002 and the dates they were processing were Jan-01-2002. The officer has shown me the request he has put for the Visa number to DOS and he also said that he will send a letter from the Local INS office when the visa number is available.
So just sit tight and wait for the best.

Good luck to all.

Thanks
Vamshi

Hi Vamshi,
But didn't the cut off date go to July 2002 for a month?
And you still didn't get your visa?
Did you have an attorney with you when you went for interview?
Which District Office was it?
Do they call for interview again by any chance?

Pls let me know '
Thanks

Why you guys having interview? Did you guys used AC21 or enything else. As far as my knowledge for EB 485 cases you do not need interview.

Did any of you get a letter like mine?

Did any of you get a letter like mine?

I had my case transferred from the TSC to the Houston District Office in October 2004.
(Concurrent December 2003); EB-3, PD= 05/06/2002. 1st FP = Sept. 2004

The I-140 has been approved early 2005 and waited for a while for an interview. In the meantime I asked my lawyer to do an inquiry in April 2005 and found out that I-485 interview was pending due to FBI check. However, after a second inquiry, my interview was held on Aug. 29, 2005. I was expecting to get my Passport stamped, instead I was handed a letter at the end which said:
"VISA REGRESS SECTION"

"The petition submitted on your behalf was approved and is held in file with the CIS. " Then they go onto talk about visa number regress.

My question are:
- Does the above language mean that I can basically consider my petition to be "approved" i.e. just waiting a visa number?
- after a visa number becomes available, will I just be sent a letter to get a passport stamp, or will be again subjected to an interview?
- If my fingerprints expire in Mar 2006 and my PD has not become current, will I have to do FP again?
- How can I find out if the FBI check has been cleared?

Thanks A Bunch