EB3 I-485 Approved today

My Details - Labor was applied on September 2000.
I-140 applied in May 2001.
I-485 applied in June 2002
First Finger Print notice received in November 2004.
RFE in June 2005
I-485 approved on 11/10/2005.

Hope this helps.

Congrats!

Congratulations Tata_Green_Card!

Does your approval email say anything about when your card will be ordered/mailed?

Thanks,
Rasi

This is what it says in the email. I hope it means I am going to get my GC pretty soon.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On November 9, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice,
you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address,
please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

rasi_s said:
Congratulations Tata_Green_Card!

Does your approval email say anything about when your card will be ordered/mailed?

Thanks,
Rasi

The approval notice will tell you to schedule an appointment at the local INS center. Tht is the final interview. My collegue got called for the interview and that is when they said he will have to wait for GC number. But atleast you got approved ! All formalities are over. Hopefully they will release some law. In 1999 when this happened, it stayed retfrogressed for an year and then became current again. I am hoping for the same.

correct

also one interesting thing to note here is that most of us leave the forum at least for some time after the approval, here we have this nice guy who registered few days ago and the first post is of approval..wow
Gee!See? said:
Congrats !

One quick question : you say your PD is Sept/2000 ..... is this the date you filed your labor application or I-140 ? USCIS cannot approve EB3-India cases where the true PD (date of Labor filing) is after Dec/31/1997, so I'm kind of curious to know what the date of Sept/2000 represents in your case.

Last edited by a moderator:
techy2468 said:
I have said it many times.....that I-485 approval has nothing to do with retrogression......approval needs a visa number......i think if i am not wrong.....they must have got fresh quota...after oct-05..

retrogression means.....you cannot apply for I-485 if your pd is not current.

It also means that people who have applied and have a PD after Cutoff dates cant be approved. USCIS is playing here... I hope some good lawyer sees this and sues USCIS for unfair business practices.

You don't know if you're REALLY approved until you get the GC in your hand or stamp in your passport.

Your case might have been approved procedureally, but they'll say they can't give the actual GC because a visa number is not available for you.

coold down sc3.......rules are made....but its difficult to interpret down to the last letter.......and i dont think immigrants with no rights can sue uscis....if that was possible....i would have put in atleast 2k for that purpose.....for all the shit uscis has spread...

on what basis, unless your pd is current you can't that is the whole game

santosh_30 said:
Who said you cant sue USCIS???? I dont think that is true at all.

if am an attorney with nothing to do (not true in usa :) )......or i have hell lot of money to throw away......suing a gov agency when there is no violation of any law....is not advisable...

Hi Guys

Some times people are playing by giving some information to know what is going on. So don't worry about any information like this. If this is true let us wish him for his good future.

Eb-3

Awesome news. Congratulations to you ! You said didn`t get any interview.
Did your case got transfered from one place to another before? :rolleyes:

Not a mistake

AbGCDeDo said:
His GC could also be a (nice) mistake by USCIS.
In that case it should not surprise us.

'Tata Green Card' got a RFE on 485 on June 2005.
The visa number might have alloted to him then.
If his 485 have had been rejected the visa number would be released to be consumed by someone else. But now he proves his employement (RFE) ,, and he keeps the visa number.... and gets GC ...

I think the case is not a mistake by USCIS.

Congrats Tata Green Card -- may Ur tribe increase in this forum. :)

LC substitution

Hello,

So if my company has an old labor certificate can I use it (provided it matches with my skill set)? What about the PD? Would be the old PD or the date I file my I-140/I-485? Can I file I-140 & I-485 concurrently?

Will there be any problem if the company had loss in between but has recently shown profits?

All answers appreciated.

thank you!

thecipher5

techy2468 said:
i think i get the picture now.....that means they will keep approving I-485's irrespective of PD....but they wont be issued the visa till their PD becomes current and Visa number becomes available...

at the same time they wont accept new application if PD is not current.....looks like they are aiming for 2 weeks processing time.....sounds great....except that we all got screwed for their inefficiency...

I dont think that is going to be the case either. I dont think service centers are even looking at the applications if the PD is not current. Or else we would have seen more approvals for EB2/EB3. Wish you were right though

H1-B with advance degree from US unversity

I have few questions about the recent H1-B visa reform act related..

I am working in Virginia as an Electrical engineer for the past 7yrs under H1-B Visa. I am currently at my 7th year extension of my H1-B Visa.

My employer filled for my labor certification under EB3 category with department of labor during Dec’2002 and I am yet to receive “45days notice” from the department of labor which verifies my employment

Now, I obtained Master of business administration (MBA) degree from US University, during the last month.

My queries are:

1) At this time, is it possible to contact department of labor to update my records with my advance degree information and change my filing status with EB1 category without loosing my case priority date of 12/20/2002.

2) I understand that under H1-B reform act which came in to effective from May’05, the H1-B visa applicants with advance degree from US universities have preferential treatment in Labor certification processing. Could any one of you please advice how should I proceed further to expedite my labor certification processing.

Last edited by a moderator: