EB3 category and CONCURRENT FILING

prashant_jain

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
Sorry guys, I am new to the business of 140/485. I dont understand a lot of things and some of my questions might sound silly. I had some questions regarding CONCURRENT FILING.

I believe CONCURRENT FILING is only for the EB2 category. Is this true?
I have a Bachelors degree from India (3 yrs) + 10 yrs experience. My labor was applied under the EB3 category. Can my 140/485 be filed under concurrent? Are there any other rules regarding CONCURRENT FILING? My labor was filed in California.

FYI: My friend received his green card in 3 months flat under the concurrent filing program. Lucky bastard.

Concurrent filing is for all the categories (EB1/EB2/EB3). So you can do a concurrent filing of I-140 & I-485. The program under which your friend got his greencard in three months is not called concurrent filing. That is a pilot program started in CA to study the feasibility of processing greencards in 90 days. That program is for a few lucky EB2 filers. There is no concrete guideline as to who qualifies for the pilot.

nandpc,
Thanks for the response. But I am more confused. What is CONCURRENT FILING? I thought it was the pilot program that you are referring to.