EB3 approved after June 30th?

gmohdez

Registered Users (C)
My case along with my family's cases are still on hold, but I am monitoring my sister in law's case and CIS sent the following email:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status"
"On July 6, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

We filed about the same time, same type of job, basically same everything. I still don't understand why our 2002 cases are still on hold, but that aside, this looks like an approval to me, I thought EB3's were not being approved after June 30th.

My sister in law is out of the country on AP, any potential problem when she returns?

Thank you

My understanding is that if she has a valid AP and she returns before her AP expires then she is good to enter even though her 485 is approved.

May be gurus in the forum might want to share some thoughts ?

Thats correct

At least 5 friends of mine came back from India on AP after their 485 got approved.

I m reasonably sure that this is not an approval. I also got the same message on June 24 2005. In most cases people get this kind of message for second FP Notice or due to Address Change.

"I thought EB3's were not being approved after June 30th"...That's scary. Where did you get this information?

gmohdez said:
My case along with my family's cases are still on hold, but I am monitoring my sister in law's case and CIS sent the following email:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status"
"On July 6, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

We filed about the same time, same type of job, basically same everything. I still don't understand why our 2002 cases are still on hold, but that aside, this looks like an approval to me, I thought EB3's were not being approved after June 30th.

My sister in law is out of the country on AP, any potential problem when she returns?

Thank you

The message

gmohdez,

Firstly, I do not think that this message is for an approval. I have seen several people get this message and it turns out to be either an RFE or FP notice. Secondly, even if its an approval email your sister can travel back on her AP. If a 485 application is approved while the applicant is out of the country they are permitted into the country without any problems. Its a whole different matter if the applicant is approved and leaves the country without getting the PP stamped.

good luck,

saras

What SARAS76 says correct. Take my case, I am dependent. I have same message on 29th JUNE. Still my primary is not clear. How my case would approved.

In my case if it is RFE means I will submit what TSC want other document.

But I have one question, my primary is not getting approved how my case is going to get approved.
For me everything is confued.

RFE on your case

EB3485,

The TSC works in mysterious ways. I am the primary applicant and my wife is the dependent. She got an RFE on her 485 in March and we replied to it in April. I am not sure if the officer has already looked over my 485 and while going through my wifes 485 found something missing and sent the RFE. It is also possible that the officer just looked at her file. Anything is possible. I suggest that you reply to the RFE and hopefully they will approve both cases once the RFE has been received and reviewed.

good luck.

saras

RKGC said:
I m reasonably sure that this is not an approval. I also got the same message on June 24 2005. In most cases people get this kind of message for second FP Notice or due to Address Change.

I thought it is difficult due to all the info on approvals (or lack of) after June 30th, however, her FP is not even one year old, and even if she waits until Oct 1st it will still be valid. As far as change of address, she moved about 18 months ago and followed procedures, she has received notices at her "new" address.
Well, we'll know when she goes through immigration, which will not be until the end of July.

She has a neighbor picking up her mail and will be on the lookout for anythong from USCIS, should something be there she will let me know and I will post it.

BTW, there was also a LUD change, with exactly the same wording as the email.

Thanks to all that responded with info.

Friday night message got changed to "we ordered you a new card ......." And I got bench of e-mail also

False alarm

As suggested by several members of the forum, this was actually FP notice and not approval.

Our own cases, no LUD, no anything.

Eb3485

EB3485:

Can you tell me if your spouse also got approved. I understand that you were a dependent, and got approved after replying to RFE. Also how soon after replying to RFE did you get approval.

My wife (dependent) recently got RFE, but I have not received any notification of change in my status. So I was wondering, if they approved your along with your primary as well.