• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

EB3 AOS pending, now got DV2010 NL, please comment!

Registered Users (C)
I went to the info pass and the officer told me that I have the option of either filing the AOS once the number becomes current or choosing the consular processing. She also informed me that it is not possible to have two AOS applications pending at the same time and that in order to file the DV AOS I would have to first withdraw my employment based AOS. She did not know exactly how the consular processing would proceed, but she suggested that at some point the issue of an AOS already pending would come up and those authorities processing the case would advise me if I need to withdraw the AOS. Any insights from those with similar experience or facing the same situation?
I haven’t returned any of the forms yet but I think it might be safer to go for consular processing, since, in case I lose my job and cannot find another one, I will be able to appear for the interview in my home country whereas I may not be able to appear in the US if I fall out of status and have to leave.
I understand the interview time is related to when your number becomes current. Does that mean the interview would happen at about the same time whether one chooses the consular processing or the AOS? I have a feeling the AOS might be slower because you are only allowed to file the application when the number becomes current.

I greatly appreciate any thoughts!

I'd do consular processing. My impression is that unless your CN is very low (and yours isn't), AOS is not advisable.

And you can withdraw the EB3 when you get the lottery visa. Don't withdraw it before then (no matter what the infopass person said). Some people from last year were in the similar position and they were asked to withdraw AFTER they had been granted the lottery green card. You can use the search fucntion on the forum to search for the threads.

And you can withdraw the EB3 when you get the lottery visa. Don't withdraw it before then (no matter what the infopass person said). Some people from last year were in the similar position and they were asked to withdraw AFTER they had been granted the lottery green card. You can use the search fucntion on the forum to search for the threads.

U re absolutely right.
The other thing i would suggest is, if you have advance parole, i would just go ahead and do consular processing and for some reason ur application is denied or u re put under administrative processing, u can come back on ur advance parole.