EB3 and EB2 category matter at I-485 stage?.

priyar

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
  Since the PD is current for both eb2 & eb3. At this 485 stage, does it matter which category you have filed?. Can anyone clarify this please?.
I heard that eb3 moves slower than eb2.
priya

Yes, the I-485 is the only stage that this distinction really can make a significant difference

If the Priority Date retrogresses to a point where your priority date is no longer current, INS will stop work on your file until the priority date is "current".

Jim

so it depends on the PD current or not. right..But it could be for eb2 also right.

you meant to say for EB3 the backlog is more so the PD may be pulled back as compared to EB2.?

Thanks Jim.

that is not what happening

even if they become current again,there is no guarantee that INS will look at your file.

They are processing in the order of PD in case of EB3

Ok, what\'s the point? It says:

What is the order of I-485 processing?

The I-485 application is supposed to be processed based on the order of the application receipt, that is by the RD or ND. Of course the PD should be current for adjudication. But in reality it doesn\'t just happen strictly on the order of RD! This may be due to RFE, FP redo, INS clerical error, etc.

Doesn\'t seem to be any huge revelation and in fact it seems counter to what you\'ve been saying. You said that they were tracking in order of PD but the source that you cite says RD. My understanding was always RD as long as the PD is current.

Jim

Come up with the facts

Just don\'t sit in your lonely planet and cook up some analysis. Just post any credible info that INS said in any memos that they don\'t process EB3 cases even if the particular case PD is current. For it looks like plain and simple BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL if you don\'t show up official info. If you are showing immitracker graphs for your theory\'s validity. Just shut up.

PD is the date an applicant\'s State Labor is filed if

\'Labor Certification\' is needed; in cases where LC is not needed, the PD is the date of filing of I-140.

You\'ll need it to file the I-485 but they are not required to give them to you

See my "discussion" of this at Jim M "Getting a copy of our own filed I-140?" 12/3/01 6:00pm.

Jim