EB3 - 485 processing

rb

Hi all !
 can we all Eb3\'s start discussing about our case status in this discussion.

my details: Eb3 PD:7/18/97 I485 Rd: 8/4/99 Nd:8/23/99 Fp:7/18/2000

How long do you guys think about approval .

thanks

No Title

EB3 PD 1/96; RD,ND 2/99. RFE 7/00. Still waiting.

The fact that the September EB3 date for India has advanced (although by a small amount) indicates that it is unlikely that the per-country quota has been reached.

No Title

EB3 PD 6/30/98 RD 8/99 ND 9/99 FP 8/1/00
Long way to go for my PD to be current ...

Bisilu Kudhurae, I like the name ...

No Title

Hi..
August/September 98 EB3 485 RD/ND in Feb 00.
Long wait for us..
thanks..

No Title

Namaskara bisilu kudhurae!

i just got my I140 approved and i will be going for my I485 stage...

I had few questions, my PD is Dec 1997( EB3), can I apply for I485 now?I have another 8 months left on my H1, do I have to leave the country if my I485 does not get approved by the time my H1 expires? by having EAD/AP does it mean I can stay after that? is going for CP a better idea?

Thank you in advance.

No Title

Here are my I485 details

EB3, India, PD 2/96, ND 5/99, RD 5/99, FP 7/00, waiting

No Title

Inspains even more if you know the truth ...
Since your PD is Dec 1997 you can\'t apply for I485 now. The current cutoff date is Feb\'97.
Looking at the trend I am really not sure wheather the PD will move to Dec\'97 in 8 months. If it did then you can apply for i-485. Once you apply for I-485 then you can stay till you get your GC and continue to work on EAD.
Wish you good luck ...
I stronly beleive in the saying Addadella Olite Ayitu .... (Everything happens for good)

No Title

I don\'t think the PD has anything to do with 485 . So I don\'t know why you guys are giving it so much of importance.Any comments .

No Title

well my PD 5/97, EB3 india I-485 ND 7/99. So how long my Pd will become current.

No Title

Hi: Here are my details.
PD June 18th , 1998
RD Aug 20, 1999
ND Sep 13, 1999
FP Aug 8, 2000
From what I have been made to understand, the PD no longer matters for those people who have already applied for their 485. What matters now, the ND. Your ND has to be current, based on what VSC is processing...

I could be wrong here...

No Title

Hi Ajay!

AS I understand over last few years, your applicatyion may be processed and kept ready but will not be approved , it the priority date is not current. I was hoping that somebody body can post their approval details, whose Pd is not current ?
Let us see this discussion couple of weeks more.

Thanks
rb

No Title

RB: It just does not make sense. I mean, after the case is filed, FP\'s done, approved and sent back to INS, for them to wait for the PD to get current is crazy....
If they were so hell bent on the PD\'s, they would not have thown the PD\'s open in August last year and kept it open for like 6 months? Moreover, they would not have even sent a FP notice to anyone of us... what will they do with that, if they don\'t plan to process till the PD gets current, which, given the way it is moving, I dunno how long it is gonna take....

So lets keep our fingers crossed... we really need the input from someone who is in the same boat like us... in any case, I am planning to speak to an IIO this Friday to check if my approved FP\'s have been received by them. I plan to ask the IIO that time...

Will post the news from there...

No Title

A visa cannot be issued to you if your PD is not current...period. So PD is very important....even after you apply for I485. It was not the INS\' decision to advance PDs in Aug/99. That\'s the responsibility of the Dept. of State. You\'ll simply have to redo FP in 15 months if your case is not approved.

No Title

My details..

EB3(india),PD 2/4/97, RD/ND aug99/sept99, FP 8/8/00(cleared by FBI)
waiting for approval .....looks like a long wait..

No Title

I personally feel that the entire objective to make the PD current last year was that they had ample quota left and with 485 processing
having become so slow , the visa numbers were not being used .
Also I feel that it was a way to gather huge revenues in advance
imagine ( $245 * no of applications ).
I am yet to come across any approvals whose P date in not current.

No Title

Hi All !

somebody posted this info on the other folder. Let us hope this is
true.

-RB

Processing Time from I-485 Receipt Date
485eb3 - 04:50pm Aug 14, 2000 EST

Hi
  I just called an IIO and found out the person is from where I live(his hometown). He was very friendly with me and said the correct time to assess the processing is 16 to 18 months from the I-485 receipt date. Anything else you here is incorrect for EB3 category. For EB2 or EB1 it is a different story. I have no reason not to believe him, because most of the approvals that are on this forum relate to that. At the end of 18th month if the approval is not there, then somebody should certainly and get more details or question it.

Anyone has different thoughts or experience, please share.

Raj

No Title

Hi MeToo,
My details are similar to yours.
PD Feb 97; EB3 485 ND Feb 00;
Hoping to get FP in Nov 00 and 485 in Feb \'01(being superstitious about Feb :) )

No Title

That may not be entirely correct..

I got this exceprt from immigration-law.com

"This period marks another characteristics as well: CSC processed cases not in First-in First-out (FIFO) basis but priority dates availability basis, meaning that EW-3(non-skilled workers) and a substantial number of E-3 cases for Chinese and Indians were not processed as their priority dates were not available. Such practice stirred a controversy and beginning from July, CSC allegedly abandoned such practice and handles cases on FIFO basis."

The above mentioned news item eventhough applies to CSC I would not think that VSC would have a different process.

No Title

This was referring to I140 processing....not I485. I repeat...a visa CANNOT be issued to you if your priority data is not current.