EB3 485 approved!

green23

Hi
I've been a regular reader of this forum but have never posted before. But I wanted to share my good news with all of you. It will hopefully give a lot of hope to some of you.
We are in the EB3 category, retrogressed country, labor was approved in August 2003. Basically, we never thought we had a chance of being approved any time soon. But checked my e-mail yesterday and got the impossible great news that both myself and spouse have been approved!
We filed concurrently, and received i-140 approvals in December 2004. Had 1 set of fingerprints done in May 2004. Received an rfe for medicals, employment verification letter in December (1 week after i-140 approval) reply to rfe recieved March 8th 2005. Approval date March 30th 2005.

It's been a long and torturous path for us, as we have been in the application process since 1999. We applied through 3 different companies for labor before. But the cases never reached beyond labor approval because of layoffs etc. We've seen all our friends get their greencards years before us, so are extremely relieved and happy.

Thanks for all the great information provided here.

:) :) :) :)

green23 said:
Hi
I've been a regular reader of this forum but have never posted before. But I wanted to share my good news with all of you. It will hopefully give a lot of hope to some of you.
We are in the EB3 category, retrogressed country, labor was approved in August 2003. Basically, we never thought we had a chance of being approved any time soon. But checked my e-mail yesterday and got the impossible great news that both myself and spouse have been approved!
We filed concurrently, and received i-140 approvals in December 2004. Had 1 set of fingerprints done in May 2004. Received an rfe for medicals, employment verification letter in December (1 week after i-140 approval) reply to rfe recieved March 8th 2005. Approval date March 30th 2005.

It's been a long and torturous path for us, as we have been in the application process since 1999. We applied through 3 different companies for labor before. But the cases never reached beyond labor approval because of layoffs etc. We've seen all our friends get their greencards years before us, so are extremely relieved and happy.

Thanks for all the great information provided here.

:) :) :) :)

Let me be the first to congratulate. This sets a new hope for all EB3 filers. All your hardwork has given you good result. Take a break today and better take a good vacation time. Anyways, Congratulations. Enjoy your post GC life.

Congrats Green23 !!! looks like you got your Green :) , please let us know your Priority date i.e the date on which the Labor was filed !!!!Good luck !!!
Enjoy !!!

You know I'm not exactly sure about priority date. We got the labor approval in about 2/3 months if I'm correct. But, it was definately around the summer of 2003.

Congradulations!!! Please let us know what is your priority date on I140 approval notice. If you are from retrogressed country then your priority date should have on or before April 2002. Please share your exact priority date.
Thanks

Congratulations!!!
Somewhere I read that you priority date is the date you first apply for labour. I believe that's why you got your approval even though your latest labour is from 2003.

Hi
just checked my i-140 approval notice. It says priority date April 17th 2003. That sounds about right to me.

green23 said:
Hi
just checked my i-140 approval notice. It says priority date April 17th 2003. That sounds about right to me.

Hearty Congrats green23 on your I-485 apporval !! This is a great news particularly people like me effected with PD retrogression. Hope u will get the PP stamping very soon. Pl. post ur PP stamping experience once u have done.
All the best !!

I wonder how the officer could get the visa number for you.
green23 said:
Hi

Wow!

Great news for you!! Thanks for sharing the information. You are really lucky.

Hope our days will come!!
:) :)
JS

Its possible that he's not EB3 category !!! it might be that his case is EB2 but he is under the impression that its EB3.

My husband is the primary applicant. It is under Eb3 category. My husband's birth country is India and mine is UK. But as it was applied through my husband I doubt my nationality had any effect. I'm as suprised about this as any of you. Hopefully it means a lot more of you will be seeing approvals soon.

green23 said:
My husband is the primary applicant. It is under Eb3 category. My husband's birth country is India and mine is UK. But as it was applied through my husband I doubt my nationality had any effect. I'm as suprised about this as any of you. Hopefully it means a lot more of you will be seeing approvals soon.

Here is the catch.. Your cases were approved, on the cross chargibility. They can approve the cases on the basis of spouse country citizenship. I know couple of I-485s, whose cases were approved like this...

Take a nice gift from your husband, by telling him, he got GC early, just because of your UK citizenship....

Best of luck....and enjoy with your GC....

I had read somewhere, that earlier the applications used to get approved for retrogressed country, but the applicant had to wait for his PD to be current to get the PP stamping.
something like' ' get your pp stamped when PD is current'

I think, could it be because you have already got the rfe in december, so your case was not affected by the retrogession. Because, they already started working on it before retrogession was applied.