Eb3-3yrs Bachelors I-140

desi3933 said:
It should have same or higher credit hours with similar subjects. The length of course is not important. There are few institutes in India that offer 6-semester course for Bachelor of Science (BSc). Because of credit hours for such courses, it is easier to show these courses to be equivalent to 4-year BS.

On the other hand, there are few colleges in India that offer 4-year BE (it is not 8-semester course). Depending on credit hours, these course may have hard time showing equivalency.

Remember, even in US, BS course can be done in 3½ years or even 5 years, depending on the credit courses taken by the student.

it will possiable to complete BS in 1 year in US - if it is US degree even one year degree NO problem with NSC.

Hope it helps.

A0001 said:
it will possiable to complete BS in 1 year in US - if it is US degree even one year degree NO problem with NSC.

Not Possible, unless you are transferring lot of credits. There is a limit on credits taken in a semester.

Again, it is the credits that determine the completion of the degrees, not number of years.

NSC always talking as bellow

foriegn degree: duration of Degree NOT credits
US degree: No matter what it is.

desi3933 said:
Not Possible, unless you are transferring lot of credits. There is a limit on credits taken in a semester.

Again, it is the credits that determine the completion of the degrees, not number of years.

A0001 said:
NSC always talking as bellow
foriegn degree: duration of Degree NOT credits

Incorrect.

A0001 said:
US degree: No matter what it is.

Of course, the simple solution is, mention Associate Degree in LC as minimum education requirement and then 3-Year degree is no-issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Employers usally offer positions needs Baccalarate degree NOT associate degree.

That is the basic key point...

We have solutions in PERM system. BUT Here issue is OLD labor certifications

ETA usually requires Bachelors or Equivalent for ALL labor filed 1995 to march 2005. Here need the solution for those guys

desi3933 said:
Incorrect.

Of course, the simple solution is, mention Associate Degree in LC as minimum education requirement and then 3-Year degree is no-issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
A0001 said:
Employers usally offer positions needs Baccalarate degree NOT associate degree.

That depends on the Job Offer.

That is the basic key point...

We have solutions in PERM system. BUT Here issue is OLD labor certifications

Unfortunately some "mistakes" can not be corrected.

ETA usually requires Bachelors or Equivalent for ALL labor filed 1995 to march 2005. Here need the solution for those guys

How do you know? Have you seen most of ETAs filed between 1995 to March 2005. Or it is just your guess based on your experience.

Thanks desi3933 for the clarification - A0001 - Please justify rather than giving statements - kindly restrain from giving false information which will do more harm than good.

3 Year Degree - Ready for I140

Hi,

My previous I-140 was denied twice (filed twice using same labor, second time with Sheila’s eval) due to 3 year degree. I started a new PERM and now ready to file I-140. But, I may be in trouble again….please review below,

H section - Job opportunity Information
4. Education: Minimum Level Required- OTHER
4-A. If other is indicated in question 4, specify the education required: BS or EQUIVALENT (EQUIV = 3 YR DEGREE +3 YR WORK EXP OR ADDITIONAL COURSE WORK)
4-B. Major Field of Study: CS, MATH OR PHYSICS
5. Is training required in the job opportunity? NO
6. Is experience in the Job offered required for the job? YES
6-A. If Yes, number of months experience required? 36
7. Is there an alternate of field of Study is acceptable? NO
8. Is there an alternate combination of education and experience that is acceptable? NO
8-A. If Yes, Specify the alternate level of education required:
8-B. If Other is indicated in question 8-A, Indicate the alternate level of education required:
8-C. If applicable, indicate the number of years experience acceptable in question 8:
9. Is a Foreign education equivalent acceptable? YES
10. Is experience in an alternate occupation acceptable? YES
10-A. If Yes, number of months of experience in alternate occupation required: 36
J: Alien Information
11: Education: highest level achieved relevant to the requested occupation: OTHER
11-A: If Other indicated in question 11, specify: BS EQUIVALENT (3 YRS DEGREE + ADITIONAL COURSE WORK)
12. Specify major field of study: PHYSICS
Summary of Educational Evaluation - Trustforte
My 3 year degree from India plus additional post secondary courses (Diplomas) are equivalent to Bachelor’s Degree in CS from a US University

Questions
-Since Question 8 is answered NO, will I be able to combine the education?
-Can I do anything before filing I-140?

Ideal situation would have been to mention ‘Yes’ for question 8, ‘Other’ for question 8A, ‘3 years degree + additional course work’ for question 8B and ‘36months’ for 8C.

My lawyer said that this won’t be a problem because we have mentioned the 3 year degree (alternative) as the primary education requirement (question 4/4A).!!!
I am planning to file I-140 this week and would like your inputs on any options.

Thanks,
ADI
Note:- Total 6 years of experience before joining the current employer

I found a solution for your denail case.............If you want i will share it..
Please let me know.

stillwaiiting said:
Good luck. Mine denied twice and now at AAO. You file first at NSC and if you get Receipt No. LINxxx, withdraw it and refile it until you get SRCxxx. If you get SRCxxx, your I-140 will be approved and no questions asked (LIN-NSC, SRC-Texas.). Some other people may suggest you to spend $2,000+ for a credential evaluation, that's all bull$!@#!$.

To all with interest in this thread:

I want to share you my experience. I also have 3 yr degree (Singapore) and was denied twice at NSC. 1st denial in 2003 and went through AAO. Deniel upheld after 14 months at AAO. Refiled I140/485 again and denied 2nd time. This time, company attorney refiled only I140 after changing my status to L1-A (was under L1-B previously) so I do not need LC (EB-1C). As back-up he filed another LC which was approved to highlight a combination of degree and/or experience or equivalent foreign degree for an EB-3. I am crossing my fingers now; my attorney still feel I have a strong approval chance this time since my company senior management has provided very strong supporting documentation.

Bottom line if you are filing at NSC with a 3-yr degree, there is a high chance of a denial unless your LC specifically address a combination or equivalent foreign degree. Consult your lawyer for options to refile LC with specific wording else NSC ***$hole will deny it - and I know there are many who were denied in the past.

Good luck.

Hi, I got my LC in Sep06, after that compnay changed their law firm, that slowed down my GC process. NOw the new law firm is telling us that since I dont have 5+ years of experience while I joined the company (my RIR application was filed in Oct 2003) , they will not sign the papers for I-140 filing. My HR kind enough is ready to do the paper work himself but I still have doubts why lawer would say that "I was lucky to het LC with this application"

I have few questions....
- What are the criteria's I need to fulfill to file for I-140
- After LC approval is I-140 is the next step?
- Can I file for EAD & 485 together?
- What other applications I can file together

Please please kindly help......

advice needed

gurus -please help

labor certified aug 25-2006
i-140 RD 18 sept 2006
no approval

labor cert
col 14-education -nothing mentioned(blank)
experience -2 years

i have a bachelors degree from India
and 6 years experience which i have submitted with I-140
what are my chances -I am going crazy as my h1 -6 year expiring in june 07

thanks

Hi Gurus,

Please advise;
The labor got approved from BEC for EB3. The education details of the labor are as below;

Line-14:
College - 4yrs
College Degree Required - Bachelors*
Major Field of Study - Comp Sc Eng, or related
Total Exp - 1yr

Line-15
*Will accept equivalent foriegn degree.

I have 3 yrs BSc degree in Comp Sc, with 3 yrs GNIIT, couple of certifications from Oracle & Cisco. Please advise how do I do my education evaluation, will it be like proving my combination degrees as foriegn equivalent or just my 3yrs Degree as foriegn equivalent.

Thanks in advance!