EB2s Dont lose heart - Could it be PD?

bigbadwolf

Registered Users (C)
I am kicking off this thread to capture the priority date of EB2s only !!! Here are the recent approvals: -
Name-PD-RD
------------
vadella------------10/02--------------01/14/04
streddy-----------11/02 (I think)------09/22/03
registrationid------01/03--------------09/27/03

Whos next?
My details

bigbadwolf---------06/03-------------03/05/04

Bigbad: I am kicking off this thread to capture the priority date of EB2s only !!! Here are the recent approvals: -
Name-PD-RD
------------

Whos next?
My details

stonewall----------12/02-------------03/06/04

Last edited by a moderator:
PD = date you filed for Labor cert (I think) or date your substitute labor cert was filed. I think this will determine the order as it appears to have done something in the last three cases

stonewall said:
Bigbad: I am kicking off this thread to capture the priority date of EB2s only !!! Here are the recent approvals: -
Name-PD-RD
------------

Whos next?
My details

stonewall----------07/03-------------03/06/04

My details
snay--------------mm/yy----------RD-10/16/03 (labor substitute, not sure of the PD; EB2)

snay said:
My details
snay--------------10/03----------RD-10/16/03 (labor substitute, not sure of the PD; EB2)
Snay please delete the middle number 10/3 - it should be PD and you say you don't know your PD. Thanks.

bigbadwolf said:
PD = date you filed for Labor cert (I think) or date your substitute labor cert was filed. I think this will determine the order as it appears to have done something in the last three cases
Bigbad, maybe we should add a column for PD in the existing tracker??

depending on how many eb2 responses we get, I can merge the whole thing in one short into the spreadsheet. It is just disastrous to have multiple people touch the spreadsheet

Priority dates don't determine approval dates for 140 or 485. it is all based on receipt dates and if NSC is completed all paper work related with your case and the latest procedures at the center (like the FO memo). there are people waiting with priority dates from 2000 for 485s.

StoneWall, I have changed it.. sorry for the confusion.

bigbadwolf said:
depending on how many eb2 responses we get, I can merge the whole thing in one short into the spreadsheet. It is just disastrous to have multiple people touch the spreadsheet

Good idea BigBadWolf, If you can create one thats good and dont let anyone touch that. Keep us updated when you get a chance.

hey bbw and others:

As i have mentioned in other thread my labor was an RIR, applied in the 1st week of may 03 : was approved within 3 weeks by state; then approved by federal/chicago in aug 2nd week, 03.
So, i am not sure if PDs are being considered at all by NSC for I140 approval.

streddy

iknowitall said:
the rupnet approval is vadella only, look at names also when u look at rupnet.

Yestreday's lin04 approved at rupnet is not vadella. it is YUN (please look at the names yourself before you complain). Both Vadella and Yun's PD is october 2002, Vadellas RD is january 2004 and Yun's RD is february 2004. Vadella's AD is yesterday - Yun's AD is October 28th. So much for the accuracy.

iknowitall and fiveice. Lets see what happens in the next few days if eb2 is getting processed. There seems to be a pattern here and there could be exceptions to this rule. I would not discount the PD so much when I know very little about the process.

Bigbad, I read again the Standard Operating Procedures for concurrent applications. Under Section 6 it says:
"Procedure for
Staging for the
Visa Hold Shelf
The Visa Hold Shelf holds cases whereby a visa number was available at the
time of filing, however, between the date of receipt and the date of
adjudication, the visa became unavailable. These I-485 filings are otherwise
ready for approval. These cases are staged chronologically by priority date,
preference category and country of chargeability until a visa becomes
available. They are reviewed monthly to determine visa availability.
Step Action: Contractor
1 Stage files for which a visa is not yet available. Stage these files
until a visa becomes available.
2 Review files monthly to determine the next appropriate action.
IF a visa is… THEN…
Available The file is pulled and returned
to the appropriate adjudicator.
Not available The file remains on the shelf."

So PD comes into play only if the visa number becoms unavailable AFTER filing (which might happen to certain EB3s after o1/01/05, and EB2s maybe later) - however they might have changed this in the meantime, and I think we should keep an eye on PDs too.

OR .... they are already establishing "visa Hold Shelves" for EBs in the anticipation of January retrogression of the date for visa numbers (both EB category and applcant country).