Eb2niw

nitubansal

I have applied for EB2-NIW (TCS) (Both I-140 and I-485) in august 2007. Receipt date is Oct 2007. Till date no response. I am currently using my EAD as I was a student and was on OPT. Can i apply on Eb-1 now?

You can apply for EB-1 any time you like, it's independent of your other filed petition. But chances are that you'll receive a decision on your NIW soon anyway.....

I have applied for EB2-NIW (TCS) (Both I-140 and I-485) in august 2007. Receipt date is Oct 2007. Till date no response. I am currently using my EAD as I was a student and was on OPT. Can i apply on Eb-1 now?

If you have just graduated, it is difficult to prove you are an established scientist (necessary for EB1) - but considering its only $500, yeah why not try it.

Hi!

I have 5 publications, and 2 manuscript in preparations. Isnt this enough

EB1A is for extraordinary ability. To qualify, you may need to be within top 1-3% in your field. Only 5 publications is hard to justify that. It takes a lot to convince the officer, except that you won a Nobel Prize or similar prizes.

I agree with nightman completely. In my impression, EB1A is for established scientists. A fresh graduate usually is promising and with great potential, but not established yet.

But, if you have time and energy (and some money), go ahead and try it.

Hi!

I have 5 publications, and 2 manuscript in preparations. Isnt this enough

there is no absolutely no harm in trying ... so go ahead and give it a real shot.

however, I also agree with nightsman and llp1 that you will have to work hard to justify your case under EB1.

A few points to ponder upon -

a) you have 5 publications - right ? I am assuming they were published in last 2-3 years - how about their citations ? Have you checked that. If you have atleast 50 citations for all your papers - thats good.

b) have you ever reviewed a manuscript for any journal ?

c) have you received any award - it can even be a 'best poster', 'best presentation in a scientific meeting', 'travel awards' etc

if you can answer yes to all these 3 (or atleast 2), then go ahead - EB1A is yours !

All the best:)

What could be the negative impact of an earlier denial of EB1A upon re-filling of the same category?
I am preparing for NIW (Birth country India). After reading “akmm” comments on the EB1A requirements, I confused bit and thinking for EB1A.

Please evaluate my chances:

1. Three year post doctoral experience (biology science) in US universities.
2. Six publications, of them 3 first authorship. Three more papers will be submitted until end of this year, out of them one will be the first authorship.
3. Approximately 30 citations.
4. University level excellent Award for postdoctoral research.
5. One travel award for attending conference.
6. One paper reviewed. (I got total three requests for reviewing papers of my area of research; out of them I accept only one).
7. Eight papers/posters presented in nation and international conferences.

Thank you very much.

I agree with you “NIW help”. I am from retrograde country. I am curious to know based on my credential, should I take chance for EB1EA OR just go with NIW and save EB1EA chance for future (with more publications and citations).
Please give your expert comments

Thanks

If you can justify NIW then it is easy to get. are you working in cancer related area? then the chances are more. it depends mainly on how you present.
good luck.

if it is denied then going for EA will b much tougher unless there is substantial improvement in your case. i.e. more publications, citations etc.

What could be the negative impact of an earlier denial of EB1A upon re-filling of the same category?
I am preparing for NIW (Birth country India). After reading “akmm” comments on the EB1A requirements, I confused bit and thinking for EB1A.

Please evaluate my chances:

1. Three year post doctoral experience (biology science) in US universities.
2. Six publications, of them 3 first authorship. Three more papers will be submitted until end of this year, out of them one will be the first authorship.
3. Approximately 30 citations.
4. University level excellent Award for postdoctoral research.
5. One travel award for attending conference.
6. One paper reviewed. (I got total three requests for reviewing papers of my area of research; out of them I accept only one).
7. Eight papers/posters presented in nation and international conferences.

Thank you very much.

I am trying to fairly evaluate your credentials - it seems it will be a little difficult to claim 'you have reached the top of your field" based on these qualifications.

4,5 does not count - they need to be international awards with no experience limitations. Check on previous threads (some as old as few years) that will answer all your questions. 6 papers is low.

NIW is easier to qualify for, provided you are in a NI field.

Answering your question - There is no impact. you can apply as many times on as many categories as you wish.

good luck.

“nightsman” Thank you very much for fair evaluation of my case. I think my case fits best in the NIW category.

Thanks