Eb2

Deena

Registered Users (C)
Can anybody tell me what is the status of application for EB2 which were filed after october 2005? What is your estimation about final approval dates?

I assume you are not from retrogressed country since you could not file after 2005 October. It depends on the service center, but should be pretty close to decision...

My entire process for PERM took nearly a year. University started the process in November 2004, Lawyer waited to make sure everything was running well before applying ( which she did in december 2005! and ultimately PERM approved 2 weeks back.
I have MD and enough research behind me yet it took so long. They have to I beleive make 8 attempts to find other candidates. In fact I see my job still advertised on Monster.com
My point is:

All the effort made my the university to follow the procedure got me delayed and now I am stuck... I am starting my residency soon and my wife is already half way through.

At the same time I see so many people from IT waiting endlessly. If they follow the same recruiting standards for some of the people who applied in 2001 will they still be having a job? I am sympathetic to all those "waiting" endlessly but the present PERM requirments and processing standards are diffrent and more rigorous.In fact the acceptance rate is not very high either. Its likely many of the previous applicants may not stand a chance with the new system.

They should never have started this PERM thing ut now that they have done so people accepted under PERM should not be grouped with the rest. Otherwise it completely mitigates the usefulness of PERM.

By the way I am EB2. My lawyer feels I must wait for EB1 to become current before applying under EB1 also. She thinks its best to wait or else I will be wasting money.

merovingian

Do you mind revealing your 'job title'? Thank you

merovingian said:
I assume you are not from retrogressed country since you could not file after 2005 October. It depends on the service center, but should be pretty close to decision...

Deena

Are you talking about EB2 labor or the final Eb2 485?

Deena said:
Can anybody tell me what is the status of application for EB2 which were filed after october 2005? What is your estimation about final approval dates?

EB2 labor is done and they are completing form 140 now.
I cant complete form 485 simult.

NO i wont reveal my job title!
Sorry.

docmd

Hello Doc,

I was requesting merovingian to reveal his job title, not you..

Thank you..

Raj
docmd said:
EB2 labor is done and they are completing form 140 now.
I cant complete form 485 simult.

NO i wont reveal my job title!
Sorry.