EB2 VSC approved. No Interviews?

x1 x2

EB2-India / PD-Aug98 / ND-Jan99 / Approved: 15June00

The recorded message says: "The case has been approved. Notice will be mailed within 15 days, etc.."

I have 4 questions.

1> Am I not required to give an interview before my 485 is approved?

2> How long before I can get my Passport stamped?

3> When will I receive actual plastic cards?

4> I can change job after 90 days from when? = Approval Date/ OR Passport Stamping Date OR Plastic Card Receipt Date?

All advices will be very valuable.

No Title

An interview is not neccessary for approval

After you get your approval notice (your attorney may get it, if you have one) you can go to your local INS Office and get your passport stamped. There you will have to give fingerprints for you Plastic card
which will then be mailed to you in 1 or 2 months.
Your approval date is when you became a Permanent Resident

No Title

1> Am I not required to give an interview before my 485 is approved?

No, an interview is not necessary. Most people go through the entire process without an interview.

2> How long before I can get my Passport stamped?

As soon as you get the notice, you can go to the INS office specified and get your passport stamped. You will
need (i) 2 ADIT-style photos (most places which take passport photos know what style this is; they are particular
about it, though), (ii) your I-94 (and AP, if you have it), and (iii) the approval notice.
Make sure you keep copies of the approval notice at home! They will take the original!!

3> When will I receive actual plastic cards?

4> I can change job after 90 days from when? = Approval Date/ OR Passport Stamping Date OR Plastic Card Receipt
   Date?

This is tricky. People advise sticking around for atleast 6 months (after approval).