EB2 to backlog by Aug/Sep 2005

J1victim

Registered Users (C)
EB3 has already backlogged. EB2 category will become backlogged (or worse ... unavailable visa numbers) by Aug or Sep 05 (next few months) for India and Phillipines. :mad:

to get CP interview > a visa number for your category and your country should be available at all stages of consulate processing until the interview date. If your interview date is not yet scheduled and the visa numbers regress .... good luck!

bapunagar,
i have been calling the NVC at 603-334 0700 and they haven't created a case yet? My I-140 was approved on 7th May 2005. How many days do you think they take on average to create a case? Does it matter if my I-140 receipt # starts with SRC******* rather than EAC***** or whatever. Does SRC series mean its the 3rd preference category ?
thanks

bapunagar said:
Where did you hear that from? Also, why would EB2 become unavailable where EB3 stays backlogged?

nishokie said:
bapunagar,
i have been calling the NVC at 603-334 0700 and they haven't created a case yet? My I-140 was approved on 7th May 2005. How many days do you think they take on average to create a case? Does it matter if my I-140 receipt # starts with SRC******* rather than EAC***** or whatever. Does SRC series mean its the 3rd preference category ?
thanks

Welcome to this board, here is my undestanding!

It takes around 4 weeks to reach(entering the info in NVC system) It also depents on the Service centre, some are fast sending I-140 some are lazy. Mine took 4/5 weeks.

Receipt no starting three char likr SRC, EAC is the Servicing centre codes.
SRC series is nothing to do 3rd preferance.

Nishokie,
My I140 was approved on 4/29/2004 and NVC created a case on 5/19/2005. It took them about 18-19 days once VSC forwarded the case. I do not about SRC....My I140 was started with EAC0425XXXXX

SRC, ERC etc refer to the service center and have nothing to do with priorities.

It usually takes about 4-6 weeks or less from the I-140 approval date for the case to reach NVC and entered into the system.

However,sometimes the service centers goof up in sending the case files late, very late, extremely late or perhaps even NEVER till you followup.

As per my personal experience and other posts in this forum,California Service Center is most notorious in delaying to send the files to NVC once the I-140 is approved.

EB2 regression ....

bapunagar said:
Where did you hear that from? Also, why would EB2 become unavailable where EB3 stays backlogged?
i spoke to an attorney's office today. They had word from some Mr Oppenheim in the INS. I believe Mr Oppenheim is THE person who handles these issues.

I don't know why EB2 will become unavailable when EB3 is backlogged.

J1victim said:
EB3 has already backlogged. EB2 category will become backlogged (or worse ... unavailable visa numbers) by Aug or Sep 05 (next few months) for India and Phillipines. :mad:

to get CP interview > a visa number for your category and your country should be available at all stages of consulate processing until the interview date. If your interview date is not yet scheduled and the visa numbers regress .... good luck!

What about EB-2 Worldwide category retrogression?
You said India and Phillipines will be affected for EB-2,was any mention made of Wordwide?

Thanks,
Simonx

how much EB2 retrogression???

simonx said:
If EB-2 does retrogress,how far back will it go (june 2002 like Eb-3 ,or later)?
Simonx

CIS is the only one who knows, or will know in next few months if they don't know already.

clarification of interview dates set up and retrogression

J-1 Victim,

So if I understand you correctly, if one has set up a consular interview date for EB2 Imm Visa (lets say it is 2-3 months out, e.g. end of August) and then the EB 2 category subsequently retrogresses in the August Visa Bulletin, the embassy will STILL PROCEED with the IV interview and NOT block the case, even if your PD in not current anymore.

Thanks,

eb2 retrogression and Cp interview

confused cp said:
... if I understand you correctly, if one has set up a consular interview date for EB2 Imm Visa (lets say it is 2-3 months out, e.g. end of August) and then the EB 2 category subsequently retrogresses in the August Visa Bulletin, the embassy will STILL PROCEED with the IV interview and NOT block the case, even if your PD in not current anymore.
my understanding is Yes they will proceed. but the consulates release interview dates between 10th - 20th of preceding month. so you will not know until that time.