Eb2 Rir Nd:7/22/03 Ad:3/29/05

mvk2002

Registered Users (C)
Friends:

Finally approved.
I am regular visitor to this forum and I thank you all for your inputs.

All the best

Hurdles crossed:

1. RFE on 140 about company financials.

2. No FP1->Infopass->Done(Boston)

We went to USCIS office in Boston with INFOPASS (query on my case). Explained to the guy that we did not get FP1 even after 16 months.

He said he is puzzled as he cannot see any reason why USCIS did not send the FP1. Then asked us to wait for it and call the 1800 number in two weeks if we don’t receive it by then.

Then I asked shall we come back to them if we don’t receive in a month and told him that we are concerned that we will loose one more month.

Then he asked us to wait for a senior. Senior came along after 30 minutes or so he explained the situation to her. She simply asked when we want to do the FP1. I said this Saturday. She wrote FP notice for this Saturday.

From the Govt. center we went to FP office Boston ASC (couple of streets away) and gave our FP.

4. Where is my case?
I received an email saying that our cases (my son's and mine no change for my wife) are transferred to Boston 12/29/04. Then in Feb 05 I received an email saying that they received our cases and processing takes upto 540 days and I assumed that our cases reached Boston. Then we received RFEs in Feb 05.

3. RFE on 485 for my spouse and me:

Looks like they asked me everything as they wanted to ask about X-ray for the TB skin +ve (inspite of Dr note saying X-ray not required! as I took preventive treatment). So along with medical they asked W2, payslips, letter from employer, Tax returns, I-94, PP.

For my spouse marriage certificate and I-94

mvk2002 said:
Friends:

Finally approved.

All the best

Hurdles crossed:

We went to USCIS office in Boston with INFOPASS (query on my case). Explained to the guy that we did not get FP1 even after 16 months.

He said he is puzzled as he cannot see any reason why USCIS did not send the FP1. Then asked us to wait for it and call the 1800 number in two weeks if we don’t receive it by then.

Then I asked shall we come back to them if we don’t receive in a month and told him that we are concerned that we will loose one more month.

Then he asked us to wait for a senior. Senior came along after 30 minutes or so he explained the situation to her. She simply asked when we want to do the FP1. I said this Saturday. She wrote FP notice for this Saturday.

From the Govt. center we went to FP office Boston ASC (couple of streets away) and gave our FP.

4. Where is my case?
I received an email saying that our cases (my son's and mine no change for my wife) are transferred to Boston 12/29/04. Then in Feb 05 I received an email saying that they received our cases and processing takes upto 540 days and I assumed that our cases reached Boston. Then we received RFEs in Feb 05.

Looks like they asked me everything as they wanted to ask about X-ray for the TB skin +ve (inspite of Dr note saying X-ray not required! as I took preventive treatment). So along with medical they asked W2, payslips, letter from employer, Tax returns, I-94, PP.

Congrats man. Enjoy your post GC period

mvk2002 said:
Friends:

Finally approved.

All the best

Hurdles crossed:

4. Where is my case?

Congrats!!!

Mine is very similar case. I haven't received FP1 notice yet. How can we give FP by Infopass appointment. Can you explain clearly?

venkat04

I explained how I did my FP in my message.

I took an infopass to enquire about my case and was able to impress on the person that VSC erred in not sending the FP1 to me even after 18 months. So they gave me FP notice and I did my FP.

Hope this helps

Hi Venkat:

As I explained in my posting I was able to convince the officer at the local office.

Please take an infopass appointment and enquire about why you did not receive your FP1. They may ask you to wait another 4-8 weeks, tell them you already lost so many months and it may be futile.

They may agree with you and may give you FP1 notice.

Alternatively one of my friend was in the same situation he raised a query through his attorney. Then he received the FP1

Hope this helps

mvk2002 said:
Hi Venkat:

As I explained in my posting I was able to convince the officer at the local office.

Please take an infopass appointment and enquire about why you did not receive your FP1. They may ask you to wait another 4-8 weeks, tell them you already lost so many months and it may be futile.

Alternatively one of my friend was in the same situation he raised a query through his attorney. Then he received the FP1

Hope this helps
Thank you MVK2002.
I have opened two queries from my self and 2 from attorney. I haven't received any positive response from VSC.

Per your suggestion, I took infopass appointment for April 14th at Baltimore office.

I sent a private mail to you. Please respond. Thanks.

There were printed papers with blanks to fillup the case details.

She just wrote my name, A#, FP1 and date (1 notice for me and 1 for my wife).

Those papers were taken at the ASC where we gave our FPs.

So I dont have anything with me now.

My experience with officer at Balitmore office.

mvk2002 said:
Hi Venkat:

Hope this helps

I went to Balitmore ASO yesterday and requested for issuing the FP notice as I haven't received one yet even after 18 months. The lady said that my files are with VSC and they have NO authority to issue any notice. Also they can't take the FP without a notice.

(In the mean time another lady/supervisor joined in our conversation)

I gave an example of your case then they suggested me to go and get a notice from that office. Then I told them this (Baltimore) office is my local office and you have to issue one for me. They said a big NO. This office has no authority to issue a notice “unless the file is with this office”. As long as the file is with VSC, they have to act.