EB2 Rest of the world

I612

Registered Users (C)
So I am somewhat new to this I-485 business. I am in the rest of the world EB2 category. Now if after I file the category has retrogression what would happen to my application?

Also when a category has retrogression is there a way to know how bad it is going to be. I mean would we be going from current to like 2001?!

Also I see you guys closely following LUDs. Except the fact that you know the file is not gathering dust any other speculations that you gather from an LUD? I don't see much of a point in knowing there is a person touching the file.

Thanks for the responses...

if retrogression occurs in category: EB2 Rest of the world, then depending on when your PD is, your file may/may not be worked on! ( your PD has to be b4 the retro date, for visa to be available).

Monthly visa bulletins contain info on this, and luckily thus far EB2 rest-of-world has been current... dunno for how long though. There retro deates are also posted.visa bulletin

LUDs give you some sense of hope (perhaps false!!)

Now, if you have filed for I-485 and retrogression occurs, i don't know if you can apply for EAD/AP if these docs have expired. Atleast you can invoke AC-21 benefits if eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen retro

I612 said:
So I am somewhat new to this I-485 business. I am in the rest of the world EB2 category. Now if after I file the category has retrogression what would happen to my application?

Also when a category has retrogression is there a way to know how bad it is going to be. I mean would we be going from current to like 2001?!

Also I see you guys closely following LUDs. Except the fact that you know the file is not gathering dust any other speculations that you gather from an LUD? I don't see much of a point in knowing there is a person touching the file.

Thanks for the responses...

hey i am also in same category .For quite some time i havent seen retro in EB2 ROW category.EB3 Yes sometimes. Look at the visa bulletin archive.Havent seen retro in EB2 for a long time.

If there were to be retrogression in the EB2 ROW Category, it probably would not be as severe as what we have seen for EB3 and Other categories. A good guide would be EB2 China which is at Apr 05 right now. There are just not as many applicants from other countries as there are from China and India, but with so many applications at BECs, you never know.