EB2 requirements

Grandhipal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I would like to know what are the requirements for EB2 in general and see if my sister can apply for EB2 or not. Background:

Bachelors + 3 years experience in India in functional area
MS in Computer Science in US
Joined a consulting company right off of school (MS) and been working for the same company last two years.

Their lawyer says she does not qualify for EB2 due to lack of post MS experience (before joining this job). Is that right? I thought as long as the previous experience gained is realted to the current job and if the job requires all that experience, it counts. Please correct me if I am wrong

Can anyone tell me what can be done so that we can file under EB2 category? Whats a good job posting be like to qualify for EB2?

I heard that (an earlier) Priority date from EB3 can be tansferred to EB2 (in future). Is that right?

Thanks

I am in the same situation. I have done my master in June 2005 and started working as a senior software analysts from January 2006 through one of the consultant company.

Now, I talked with my employer and the manager said, I will be eligible to apply under EB2 because I have my MS from US university.

In the same time, I heard that I won't be eligible for EB2 because I don't have any previous employer experience after my MS.

I can't show my current employer's experience towards it.

Is it true that I can't use my current employer's experience for EB2 or I don't need previous experience for EB2.

I am in deep confusion.

Thank you for the suggestion.