EB2 Requirement

WaitingOver

Registered Users (C)
Dear Gurus,

I am very much confusion . please help me out.

My Labour was filed in as EB2 which require master/ Bachelors with 5-year related progressively responsible post baccalaureate experience. It was approved by labour department.

Now the scenario is like this,I have experience given below.

2+4+4 = 10 year of exeperience

Initial 2-year before bachelor degree
4-year after bachelor before joining current company.
Another 4-year after bachelor with the current company ( GC sponser company).

Please let me know whether I qualify for above mentioned EB2 category or Not. If not, Is there anyhing we can do about it.

Thank you

First, it's not what you have, but what the job requirements are.

Second, if your 2+4+4 includes the time in school, then you only have 4 years of experience. Unless the school years are extra (2+4+4+4)

yes you can Quality for EB2. It doesnot matter .. All the thing they want is 5 years of experience .. after bachelors .. i think you have it .. It doesnot matter it is from previous company or previous companys .. You should be having more than 5 years Exp .. you have that ..Dont worry !!!

Originally posted by WaitingOver
Dear Gurus,

I am very much confusion . please help me out.

My Labour was filed in as EB2 which require master/ Bachelors with 5-year related progressively responsible post baccalaureate experience. It was approved by labour department.

Now the scenario is like this,I have experience given below.

2+4+4 = 10 year of exeperience

Initial 2-year before bachelor degree
4-year after bachelor before joining current company.
Another 4-year after bachelor with the current company ( GC sponser company).

Please let me know whether I qualify for above mentioned EB2 category or Not. If not, Is there anyhing we can do about it.

Thank you

WaitingOver

It is not your qualification that will make you EB2 but the requirement (in advertisement) should of EB2 category. Moreover your experience with current (i.e. Company which is applying GC) will not be counted. You should be suitable for that requirement.

EB2 or EB3 doesn’t matter, as all the priority dates are current.

I know one case where Labor was approved in EB2 but I-140 was applied in EB3 from Murthy's office. It is yet to be approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a similar kind of situation. My LC states M.S or equivalent degree with major filed of Study as Comp science,eng, maths or Equivalent and M.S may be substituated with Bachelors with 5 years Progressive exp after Bachelors.
I do not have an M.S but have an MBA and a Bachelors of Commerce Degree from India , which makes my education 12+3+2 and I had 7 years of Exp prior to my current employer, which was all attained after MBA.While I understand that the LC states Bachelors degree with 5 years , the problem point is, my LC states major filed of study with Comp Science,Eng ,Maths etc, which I do not have...! and I am not sure if my Bachelors in Commerce and MBA will equal a Bachelors in Comp Science or related.
Would appreciate if somebody can post details, who might have gone thru successfully with similar kind of Education/Work exp past. Also, would appreciate the opinion of other forum members.

Re: WaitingOver

Thanks Tammy2.

The requirement for job as i mentioned earlier is , master/ Bachelors with 5-year related progressively responsible post baccalaureate experience. This labour is approved by labour department.

Now if I file my I-140 with this approved labour application, what are my chances to getting approved.

Whether BCIS consider my experience that i gained with my gc sponser company before filing labour because i have only 4 year of post baccalaureate experience before joing my company.

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Originally posted by tammy2
It is not your qualification that will make you EB2 but the requirement (in advertisement) should of EB2 category. Moreover your experience with current (i.e. Company which is applying GC) will not be counted. You should be suitable for that requirement.

EB2 or EB3 doesn’t matter, as all the priority dates are current.

I know one case where Labor was approved in EB2 but I-140 was applied in EB3 from Murthy's office. It is yet to be approved.