Eb2 Ref

jasonZ

Registered Users (C)
ND Aug99,
FD June00,
Message didn\'t change yet. Called IIO last Friday, was told need REF, will receive the letter.
NIW, changed job field.Using EAD now. Is anyone denied due to changing the job field ?
What I should do if my case be denied? How long can I receive the letter?

Thank you in advance

jasonZ

No Title

It\'s usually hard to define "field" to INS. But it\'s a real issue for those NIWs who changed job after I140 approval.

Two of my friends switched their jobs to totally different fields (chemistry/biology -> business/computer). But they are lucky to get approved w/o RFEs. Of course, they are not Early Aug club members who are getting higher chance of RFE due to too-long processing time.

If you can post your detail of jobs, maybe we can discuss. I have a simmilar situation, but I remains in the same field, ...waiting to change jobs.

No Title

I applied GC when I was phd student (agriculture), now I am a computer programmer (health care).
Please join the discussion and help nervous people.
Thanks
JasonZ

No Title

JasonZ: Somehow you can relate Healthcare to Agriculture. Maybe you can state that what you are doing is implementing the work you did for your Ph.D (the employer may not want to sign it though). As I said, INS does not know much. One of my friends had only one paper and approved for Extraordinary Ability (applied I140 one year after me, but got GC already).

My I140 was approved when I was doing Ph.D too, had to wait 1 1/2 yrs for quota (Chinese), mailed in I485 the first day (8/2/99), now getting RFE....I am working in the same field (Engineering), but not doing research anymore...not sure whether this will cause problem.

No Title

You should be OK. one of my friend, he stays in the same field, but he is DBA now. His employer letter mentioned the data is
related what he did before and he got GC two months ago.
Good Luck