Eb2 Or Eb3

priya_2005

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I am having a BS degree(4yrs) and work exp around 71/2 years.My job title is Programmer Analyst in my company.I have a doubt regarding filing the GC thru PERM. I am eligible for both EB2 and EB3 categories.Which could be the better path for getting GC in an easier and faster way either EB2 or EB3 ,as both are under retrogession.Considering the various stages in the process of GC(labour,I 140,I 485)which is the best way of approach in my case.

priya_2005 said:
Hi

I am having a BS degree(4yrs) and work exp around 71/2 years.My job title is Programmer Analyst in my company.I have a doubt regarding filing the GC thru PERM. I am eligible for both EB2 and EB3 categories.Which could be the better path for getting GC in an easier and faster way either EB2 or EB3 ,as both are under retrogession.Considering the various stages in the process of GC(labour,I 140,I 485)which is the best way of approach in my case.
-------------------------------------------------------
your job title is Programmer Analyst, which may requires a BS with one or 2 yrs exp only.

If that is the case you will not qulaify for EB2, you can only go for EB3.

otherwise you can go for Sr.Prog/Analyst for EB2 ,with 5 years exp for that you have to get prevailing wage, which may be much more than a prog/analyst post.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I propose for Sr Prg/analyst job title for Eb2(BS + 5 yrs exp) what should be the approximate wage for that position in Atlanta region.

priya_2005 said:
If I propose for Sr Prg/analyst job title for Eb2(BS + 5 yrs exp) what should be the approximate wage for that position in Atlanta region.

Just send in the job order to SWA. They will respond with the PWD few weeks later. If your salary is higher, you are fine. If not, your company must do extra work to prove that they will pay that salary.