EB2 or EB3?

MA_Labor

Registered Users (C)
I am soon going to file for my I-140/485 using a substitute labor. The labor was filed for a Bachelor's degree holder and I have a Master's degree. Can anyone tell me what category I would fall under ... EB2 or EB3??
Your response would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

depends

it really depends on what you mentioned on your labor.

if u r labor requires masters then its EB-2 else if its purely based on your exp then its EB-3

MA_Labor said:
I am soon going to file for my I-140/485 using a substitute labor. The labor was filed for a Bachelor's degree holder and I have a Master's degree. Can anyone tell me what category I would fall under ... EB2 or EB3??
Your response would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi Hawa Hawa,
Thanks for the quick response. The labor requires a bachelor's degree but since I have a Master's degree, is it possible to file in the EB2 category. Listening to all that visa number retrogresses talk on the discussion boards makes me nervous about filing under the EB3 category.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
MA_Labor said:
Hi Hawa Hawa,
Thanks for the quick response. The labor requires a bachelor's degree but since I have a Master's degree, is it possible to file in the EB2 category. Listening to all that visa number retrogresses talk on the discussion boards makes me nervous about filing under the EB3 category.
Thanks!

You should file EB3 because your LC is a bach. degree although you have a mast's.

EB2 or EB3

Hi..

If you have Master's, you are eligible to apply under EB2..but if you check the services processing dates under vermont...I-140 EB3 is faster than EB2.So it's better to go normally under EB3,which you can get approval faster than EB2.

Great GC.

Not eligible for EB2 unless

Check the labor cert. If it says Masters degree required and also says "will take equivalent bachelor + 5 years experience " then only you can use EB2 category. From all the info you have provided, in no way it looks like EB2. Your lawyer will tell you to file in EB3. If you try to force it to EB2 USCIS will likely send an RFE to scale it down to EB3 and you will waste lot of time.

will_get_there said:
Check the labor cert. If it says Masters degree required and also says "will take equivalent bachelor + 5 years experience " then only you can use EB2 category. From all the info you have provided, in no way it looks like EB2. Your lawyer will tell you to file in EB3. If you try to force it to EB2 USCIS will likely send an RFE to scale it down to EB3 and you will waste lot of time.
Hi will get there!

If LC does not requires Masters, however it requires only BS and 5yrs exp will it good for EB2?

Re:

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I sent in my I-140 & I-485 applications to USCIS on December 7, 2004. The application was filed under EB3 category as the Labor only required Bachelor's + 1 year of experience.
Now I am hoping desperately that USCIS receives my application and assigns it a Notice Date before 01/01/2005.
Since it's a Labor Substitution case, I can do nothing to make it into the EB2 category even though I have a MS from here + 7 years of experience.
Sad but true. :(

free will said:
You should file EB3 because your LC is a bach. degree although you have a mast's.

I am in a process of getting LC by advertise and recently put an ad which states.

/***Req.: Min of BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications & 4 yrs. exp. In job offered or as a Software Engineer. ***/

I have total 6 years of experienc and US equalent MS.

In order to qualify to apply in EB2
In ETA 750 application 14 column can I specify
Mini College Degree req : BS and
Exp in Job offered : 5 years

OR

ETA750 application should be filled according to the ad.

Please advise.

mypal_s said:
I am in a process of getting LC by advertise and recently put an ad which states.

/***Req.: Min of BS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Applications & 4 yrs. exp. In job offered or as a Software Engineer. ***/

I have total 6 years of experienc and US equalent MS.

In order to qualify to apply in EB2
In ETA 750 application 14 column can I specify
Mini College Degree req : BS andMASTERS DEGREE in COMPUTER SCIENCE or BACHELORS DEGREE in COMPUTER SCIENCE or RELATED FIELD with 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE as a SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Exp in Job offered : 5 years IN LEIU OF MASTERS DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE or RELATED FIELD

OR

ETA750 application should be filled according to the ad.

Please advise.

THIS IS WHAT MY ETA 750 STATES.