Eb2 Movement

immi2006

Registered Users (C)
Any idea by how much EB2 might move in these two scenarios

Eb2 without CIR : Since presently EB2 seems to move by a few months every month, I am assuming not many Eb2 pending labour applications. Unless the BEC floods (again may have more EB3 than Eb2 as people might have played safe here).

EB2 with CIR, Skill all bills : if visa numbers are increased, and also 01-05 quota fill, I would assume EB2 to be current.

Appreciate if you share your thoughts.

Scenario 1: My guess is that EB2 moves 6 months in June although I hope a faster movement will be good for me (personal issues).
Scenario 2: From what I know even if CIR/SKIL/STEM is passed it will take a long time (end of this year) for it to be implemented as a law.

I hope, EB2 would go up :) by six months everyttime till it reaches Jan 1st 2004 PD. Then, it may little slow down to reach 2005 Jan 1st.

Hope for the best.. CIR and SKILLBILLS would appease the situation. I donot think, lot may EB2 cases are in BEC (Since, EB2 approvals are current till Oct 2005). Even if they are in BEC, people can pull it out and refile under PERM retaining the same priority date.

Let us pray for 1yr progression soon.... :)

immi2006 said:
Any idea by how much EB2 might move in these two scenarios

Eb2 without CIR : Since presently EB2 seems to move by a few months every month, I am assuming not many Eb2 pending labour applications. Unless the BEC floods (again may have more EB3 than Eb2 as people might have played safe here).

EB2 with CIR, Skill all bills : if visa numbers are increased, and also 01-05 quota fill, I would assume EB2 to be current.

Appreciate if you share your thoughts.

HOPE_GC_SOON said:
I hope, EB2 would go up :) by six months everyttime till it reaches Jan 1st 2004 PD. Then, it may little slow down to reach 2005 Jan 1st.

Hope for the best.. CIR and SKILLBILLS would appease the situation. I donot think, lot may EB2 cases are in BEC (Since, EB2 approvals are current till Oct 2005). Even if they are in BEC, people can pull it out and refile under PERM retaining the same priority date.

Let us pray for 1yr progression soon.... :)

What I feel is that, in normal circumstances (without ac21 or without relief bills) eb2 might actually stack up around or after 2004. Relief is a must.

Some Dates on EB2 !

Folks,

I was analysing the data based on posts in various immigration websites for India based filings. The data could be very well wrong too. (data for India folks as below).

It appears on rough estimates :

EB1 - 4000
EB2 - 26000
EB3 - 39000
EB1 - 5500
EB2 - 32000
Eb3 - 36000

EB2 Date Advancement should be faster

As per one of the law firms, they claim the EB2 wait dates will be really short as many people did not file in 2004, waiting for PERM process...

I expect the wait time for Eb2 to get stuck around Oct/Nov 2005 since before that people did not take risk for EB2 filing as people were waiting and watching. Even now, BEC to PERM conversion is considered a risk since, the documentation and prev wage would be very high.

EB2 Some data of movement..

Based on Perm Trackers in immigration.com, the rate of approvals for EB2 based on the excel sheets seems like this :

2005 - EB2 approval less than 30 % of the filing, 39 % is pending for a looooog time, rest are rejects
2006 - EB2 so far - 41 % of the filing is approved,

2005 EB3 Approval rate 44 %

BEC to Conversion to PERM Processs - Rejection rate 78 %

All the retrogression issue has started after June 2004 only. Most peoples filed eb2 labor after that period only. Therefore, the PD has to move forward fastly till it reaches june 2004. After this forward movement will slow down.

well, why is the approval rate so low? after conducting all the recruitment and completing all the documentation properly, approval rate should be ~100%. after all it is all computer code based with randomly selected cases being referred for audit.
immi2006 said:
Based on Perm Trackers in immigration.com, the rate of approvals for EB2 based on the excel sheets seems like this :

2005 - EB2 approval less than 30 % of the filing, 39 % is pending for a looooog time, rest are rejects
2006 - EB2 so far - 41 % of the filing is approved,

2005 EB3 Approval rate 44 %

BEC to Conversion to PERM Processs - Rejection rate 78 %

Bugs in software and new procedures for clients

I know few of my friends whose applications were rejected because of the bugs in the PERM-software. There were also few other applications, on the other hand, that had typos and rejected.

Anyways, I hope the EB2 progression continues all through this fiscal year (till Oct). We would be out of luck if numbers exhaust for this fiscal year, for new labor approvals would add to the pool, increasing the demand for the visa numbers.

Does any one have any idea, how many EB2 applications were filed for 2003?

tusharvk said:
well, why is the approval rate so low? after conducting all the recruitment and completing all the documentation properly, approval rate should be ~100%. after all it is all computer code based with randomly selected cases being referred for audit.